Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how they get an extra 10 HP out of the SRT Design Group model as compared to a standard 300C?

300C - 340 HP
300C SRT Design Group - 350 HP

I read this in a spec somewhere.

Did they lighten the car or program it differently?

Just curious.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It seems to be a bit like the R/T package on the Dodges--10 extra horsepower from a different exhaust and probably slightly different computer tuning, 20" wheels with V rated tires, and a different suspension than the normal 300C.The performance upgrades on the SRT Design Group are essentially the same as the Charger/Daytona R/T performance package. So, it has the R/T performance suspension, NOT the SRT8 suspension.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It seems to be a bit like the R/T package on the Dodges--10 extra horsepower from a different exhaust and probably slightly different computer tuning, 20" wheels with V rated tires, and a different suspension than the normal 300C.The performance upgrades on the SRT Design Group are essentially the same as the Charger/Daytona R/T performance package. So, it has the R/T performance suspension, NOT the SRT8 suspension.

As above, its from the ECU and Exhaust upgrade!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Can you put the SRT Design ECU in a normal C?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Can you put the SRT Design ECU in a normal C?

Why would you want to, it would be cheaper to get a diablo and add more hp and smooth out the gears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Why would you want to, it would be cheaper to get a diablo and add more hp and smooth out the gears.
Wildmark,
I believe you misunderstood the question. I said "how" but the question is really "why" as the 300C SRT Design Group is specced with an extra 10 HP higher out of the factory than the standard 300C with the 5.7 engine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yup pretty much a 300 SRT Design is just a Daytona / Charger RT/RT under that 300 sheetmetal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts