Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really just venting, I have an 06 CSRT8, 4200 miles, and the fuel gauge does not work, always reads empty even when full. Take it to the dealer they say it is the sending unit, which is inside the fuel pump! and we have two fuel pumps so they both have to be changed. They order the parts first pump comes in within three days, the other pump TWO MONTHS!!!!! Pain in the [email protected]$
driving with no fuel gauge. Finally I call the dealer and the pump is in" notice I call them they don't call me" Drop the car off should take one day, again I call to check at the end of the day and I hear those four words " we have a problem" We took your car apart mounted the first pump and then realized we sent the other pump back because it sat for so long! WTF!!! Three problems here #1 two months to get a fuel pump in! #2 shouldn't the service writer have checked to make sure all the parts were in when they made the appointment! and #3 wouldn't the service tech have laid out all of his parts to make sure he had everything he needed BEFORE he tore my car apart? So now it can't be driven and the pump is on back order for possibly another two months. So I tell them to put it back as it was I will bring it back when the parts come in, "Oh sorry sir we will have to charge you to do that" On top of all of that I go by the dealer after hours to see if my pride and joy is stuck outside for the first time, and what do I see All of the windows down!!! Rain, Pollen, theft, Now I am pissed. Call in the morning when they open and their response is It smelled like gas! smelled like gas! you have to drop the tank from under the car to change the fuel pumps not inside the car. Then for a rental car they give me some crap can, I honestly checked the parking break to see if It was on because this thing won't go! Just wanted to vent thanks for reading.

·
Registered
903 Posts
That is bad. I'd call DCX and vent to them. I'm sure they can overnight a pump to that dealer and make sure your car is detailed at least.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the best way to call DCX? I would imagine that getting through to a live person, much less one that can actually do anything is not easy to say the least. Does anyone have any suggestions or an extension perhaps to make complaints (esp dealer issues) as described above? Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
There's a number in your owner's manual. I've never had to call DCX, but I have called GM. They take the complaints very seriously because they know your next call may very well be to the BBB, and if you don't get resolution with the manufacturer you will with BBB (bbb.org).

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Nah...calling DCX might work, but I emailed a VP for SRT. Got pretty good results, nothing over the top, but a regional DCX guy ended up calling my cell phone to tell me which dealership (I had made it clear that I was done even talking to the bad one) to take the car to, and they were expecting my call when I phoned in an appointment with them. They offered a loaner, but the work was only going to take a couple hours and they were across the street from a pretty good restaraunt, so I declined and had lunch, then watched the news in their waiting area. Since it was a TSB within the warranty period, no charge (which is prolly why the first place I went gave me problems about acknowledging the problem in the first place). A good experience with the second place, but I wonder how it would have been without me going straight to the upper echellons when at first I got stiff-armed?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Hey 6.1forfun, I sure hope this works out for you. What crap you have been dealing with. I had a dealership like that myself. I ended up taking my car to another one that did a great job for me. Is there any way you could take it to another dealership?

I'd call every phone number I could get my hands on from Chrysler. Make sure you are documenting everything. That will help big time when you get to the top.

Good luck,

Moose.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, they have me over a barrel, the car can't be driven the way it is, if they can't have it fixed Monday, I am going to insist they put it back they way it was and I will go elsewhere. This is the same dealer that when I asked about the TSB for the cloudy coolant, they looked at it and said I must have added the wrong coolant to it! Car had 3000 miles at that time, Ready to knock some heads together. If I don't get satisfaction I'm calling Ralph Giles, or Lee Iacoca he probably has some pull still! and working my way down from there!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not that its an excuse for your car being left out side but the fuel pumps are under the back seat. Thats why they said it smells like gas. Either way should not have been left outside. Only takes a few minutes to install the pumps.Sounds like a poorly run dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I had somebody put sugar into my tank I had to wait 6-7 weeks for 2 new pumps.... I was told that these pumps are not suppose to break so dodge never had a run on of extra's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sugar in your tank! I bet you wish you could have caught them. They said they will know something tomorrow, so we will see

·
Registered
203 Posts
oh Man thats really messed up. YES call DCX. What I have found is that once they run your vin and see you are a SRT owner you a treated very different. They even send you to a SRT special Rep. You will be very happy about how you will be treated. Remember SRT's are the most priced cars they sell. They don't want to lose you as a owner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts