Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in another thread some time ago, but didn't get an answer...

Any 'checks' on the source of these numbers by the dealers? I mean, anyone with a 'spare' number that won't be verified??

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you wont get the freinds and family discount on these cars untill the SRT 8 300 comes out... these cars are to hot... no dealer is whilling to wheel and deal with these cars... checked every dealer with a 100 mile raduis of st.paul and no one will do it... they would be stupid if they did... i even heard that the workers cant even get a discount on this car!

Marcus

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
05300c
Is correct no one will honor the F&F to buy the car off the lot. If you order a car, you might find a dearler to honor. I found several that would, but it wasn't easy. Why sell a car for approx. $3000 under invoice when they mark them up as as much as $8000.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Beg to differ !
Searched high and low till I found one who would. Found one in SanDiego in August who did it all over the phone and was willing to deliver it to my house 125 mile away ! I insisted on driving down there ! No one was going to break my baby in but me :p !
With inventory getting harder to get now, might be a little tougher to get EP or FF at this time. Ask for the Fleet Department if you have a Control certificate. The dealer gets more money back from DC selling at EP than at the FF plan I qualified for, according to the person I worked with for my deal ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I purchased using the F&F discount and had no problems with the dealer - they were happy to do the deal. Try the Internet sales manager, Pat Kittle, at Southfield Chrysler in Southfield, Michigan.

I flew from southern CA to Detroit, picked up the car, and had a nice break-in drive bringing it home :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
IIRC they changed the Employee Choice to exclude the RT/300C; so you need to qualify under the regular rules (grandparent/parent/sibling/child of a DC worker, basicially). (DC employees get six employee purchase a year, and they can designate one to anyone under Employee Choice).

FWIW, There's a dealer on here from southfield chrysler in MI who says he has a number of non-C 300s in stock and will honor Friends&Fam., employee & affil pricing on them:
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1564

·
Registered
294 Posts
O5300C - I am from Minneapolis/St. Paul area and MANY dealers if you are willing to order will sell you a car for invoice, which is not that much more than FF plan.

I never asked about FF plan as I don't qualify. Car dealerships will do more than you think they will. Obviously for this car its only if you order it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To answer your question
Yes they do want a copy of the certificate and will validate the #. DC won't pay them without a validation. Not encouraging this but I have a few relatives who work for Chrysler and they spoke of employees selling the certificates at one time before a crackdown. Money can buy you love , happiness and a Control number.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, some dealers will do a friends and family discount on these cars.
I bought mine in the beginning of May from a dealer no more than 7 miles from my house with the EP discount. And I'm not an employee nor do I know an employee. :)
I supplied someone with my AR # because I got the EP and it worked for them.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Just wanted to know how many of you that walked on to the lot or did your deal by interenet or phone bouhght "C"s, under a F&F or employee program. I called and visted more dealers than I can remember not one would honor the price for a "C" on the lot. Any other models no problem. Most wouldn't even honor the price to order the "C". If you bought a "C" under one of these programs off the lot, good for you guys, I had no luck and I called every dealer in Ca,Az, Nv,Ut, Nm more than once.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
steves300c said:
I supplied someone with my AR # because I got the EP and it worked for them.
I am that someone! Steve gave me his unused FFP number since he got the EP price and I used it to buy my Magnum RT. When shopping I did find dealers that would do an EP price with no certificate at all. I could have got the EP price using the FFP number at another dealer, the dealer verified it wrong, but I did not want that particular car.

THANKS A LOT STEVE! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I am that someone! Steve gave me his unused FFP number since he got the EP price and I used it to buy my Magnum RT. When shopping I did find dealers that would do an EP price with no certificate at all. I could have got the EP price using the FFP number at another dealer, the dealer verified it wrong, but I did not want that particular car.

THANKS A LOT STEVE! :)
No problem Kev! :) Hope she's runnin good for you. I don't know if it's the cold weather or the comp flash I just had, but mine is runnin stronger than before the update. I'm sure it is all just psychological though and I'm just psycho. :eek:

·
Registered
477 Posts
my experience is IF you dont have trade in, Carsdirect is excellent, no problems. go to carsdirect.com and get info. no, i have no affiliation with carsdirect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
is there a expiration date on this ff deal? do I just go in a let the dealer know i know about the ff deal? do I need to actually know someone working for dc?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
acrl said:
is there a expiration date on this ff deal? do I just go in a let the dealer know i know about the ff deal? do I need to actually know someone working for dc?
You need to be issued a "Control number". That number is assigned to the person or organization that is eligible for the discount. It's not a generic number.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
acrl said:
is this a coupon I get somewhere? how does this work?
acrl said:
from the questions you ask you are not eligible. people that are eligible would not ask how it works. :confused:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
acrl
If you work for DCX or have a family member who does they are granted a special price. That price is invoice less 1%. There is no coupon. That person goes through DCX to obtain a control number, which you need to present to the dealer. No code, No Deal.
Another approach to try is this. If you work for a large company see if they have an affilate program with DCX whic will give you the same price.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
E55 KEV said:
from the questions you ask you are not eligible. people that are eligible would not ask how it works. :confused:
Not necessarily...if you haven't bought from Chrysler before and haven't mentioned around the holiday reunion table to family and friends you are looking at a car, how would you know how it works or how would they know to explain it to you??

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
jjs said:
Not necessarily...if you haven't bought from Chrysler before and haven't mentioned around the holiday reunion table to family and friends you are looking at a car, how would you know how it works or how would they know to explain it to you??
HUH! :confused:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

If a family member or friend were going to give you a number he would have also given you some basic knowledge or info on how it works and not send you to the dealer to find out if you were eligible.

This guy never mentioned he had a friend or family member working for Chrysler. Re-read the post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts