Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a volant CAI for sale here. I just bought it last week for my car but this is the model that won't fit the 5.7. I'm asking $200 shipped. It was used for only 1500 so it's still fairly new.

let me know if you're interested, thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...doesn't anyone need a CAI for there SRT? C'mon people, this could be a early spring stocking stuffer for that special someone.LOL!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just doesn't fit. If you look on the volant website they have two listed for the 300. One is for a 5.7 and 6.1, then they have one just for the 6.1. My thoughts after looking at the photos are that the one that is for the 5.7 comes with another tube that attaches to the bottom of the air box. I tried to install this one on mine and when you place the air box in there it doesn't go down far enough and I can't close my hood. I tried for an hour, didn't work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump...someone with an SRT buy thing damn thing from me, throw me an offer that isn't a low ball offer. I'd like to get rid of this today. Somebody has to need a CAI.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it'll make your engine more throatier at WOT. At normal idle no noticeable difference. Don't know too much if you'd see any noticeable hp gain but some people say yes while others say no, I don't know who to believe. You'd probably get slightly better gas mileage but I doubt that matters too much to you since the SRT isn't known for the gas mileage. I myself have a K & N and I like it a lot. I wanted to go with the volant since I heard it's better then the K & N and I really like the look of it. Unfortunately for me it doesn't fit my engine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.