Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the HK premium audio system - the audio amp with this system is located under the steering wheel near your left knee cap.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,493 Posts
Depends on which audio system you have fitted. HK and Alpine are under the wheel as above. Believe the Base model doesn't have a separate Amp

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
HK and Alpine are under the wheel as above. Believe the Base model doesn't have a separate Amp
I have a base model and I can attest to that fact. What surprises me is the volume of bass I can get out of the 6X9's. Do you suppose there is an internal amp in the radios?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just installed one of these ....big difference but im running 2 amps with epicenter & 15 compitition sub

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did you install this and also what year is your 300 i have a 2019 and i cant get my lc6i to turn on for nothing but it kept blowing my radio fuse
I HAD MY LC7 INSTALLED IN MY 2013 FROM STEREO SHOP ,,,paid 245 its worth it better to be safe then sorry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a base model and I can attest to that fact. What surprises me is the volume of bass I can get out of the 6X9's. Do you suppose there is an internal amp in the radios?
yes there is a fatory amp under the steering wheel dash

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
yes there is a fatory amp under the steering wheel dash
Yes, but I made that comment in reply to DGO who said that the base model doesn't have an amp. So, unless there is an option to add a better sound system to the base model, we can be certian you don't have a base model 300. As I said above, I have a 2012 base model and there is no amp under the dash above the driver's feet. I've been in there. No amp is present. The wiring harness is not there to add one, either. I bought the lowest power amp from another 300 owner here, thinking I could just plug it in and get a factory amp upgrade that way. Nope! No harness.

Now that said, the LC7i is a line output converter. So, in principle, I could add one to my base model if I knew how to interrupt the speaker wires. Then I could add another amp. Since you told us you already have a factory amp, if you interrupt the signal this way, there may be an issue controlling the tone and balance. I don't know this since I don't have a factory amp. But I think I read that people who have used this lose the factory controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, but I made that comment in reply to DGO who said that the base model doesn't have an amp. So, unless there is an option to add a better sound system to the base model, we can be certian you don't have a base model 300. As I said above, I have a 2012 base model and there is no amp under the dash above the driver's feet. I've been in there. No amp is present. The wiring harness is not there to add one, either. I bought the lowest power amp from another 300 owner here, thinking I could just plug it in and get a factory amp upgrade that way. Nope! No harness.

Now that said, the LC7i is a line output converter. So, in principle, I could add one to my base model if I knew how to interrupt the speaker wires. Then I could add another amp. Since you told us you already have a factory amp, if you interrupt the signal this way, there may be an issue controlling the tone and balance. I don't know this since I don't have a factory amp. But I think I read that people who have used this lose the factory controls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts