Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just driving in a rental PT Cruiser yesterday when I noticed an AUX input on the stereo. W/O the right wires I didn't get to try it out, but I'm curious because the stereo looked identical to the one in our 300's...

I searched around the forums some and didn't come up with another topic on this. I've been gone for a while so maybe I missed it. Question is: can I swap my stereo with a PT cruiser one?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
So I was just driving in a rental PT Cruiser yesterday when I noticed an AUX input on the stereo. W/O the right wires I didn't get to try it out, but I'm curious because the stereo looked identical to the one in our 300's...

I searched around the forums some and didn't come up with another topic on this. I've been gone for a while so maybe I missed it. Question is: can I swap my stereo with a PT cruiser one?

Just a thought.
Yes, all of the vehicles using the can bus radio are interchangeable - 2006 PT, 2006 Ram, 300, Charger, Magnum, '05+ Grand Cherokee, Commander, Caliber, '04+ Durango and '05+ Dakota

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the Chrysler pt cruiser radio looks very similar but not always the same radio,
if you have the premium sound system in the Chrysler 300, there is also a factory amplifier,
pt cruiser radios don't need use the amplifier, because is build into the radio,
If there is no auxiliary input in your radio you can add it, if you have a mode button
Chrysler aux input

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Yes the Chrysler pt cruiser radio looks very similar but not always the same radio,
if you have the premium sound system in the Chrysler 300, there is also a factory amplifier,
pt cruiser radios don't need use the amplifier, because is build into the radio,
If there is no auxiliary input in your radio you can add it, if you have a mode button
Chrysler aux input
The radios are the same whether you have the amplifier or not. If an amplifier is present on the CAN bus, the radio outputs line level audio. If there is no amplifier present, the internal amps in the radio are used.

Early model LX's had a REF radio with no AUX input on it, but later models of the REF added the AUX input. The radios are completely interchangeable - even if you have the BA or other amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts