Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing what I originally thought was the engine missing at a speed of around 28-29 miles per hour when going up slight to medium inclines. I took the car into the local dealer service department last week and below is what was written on the invoice when I went to pick it up.

“C/S only when going up an incline and engine has a little bit of a drag on it / at precislely 28-29 mph only / feels a bit like driving on a gravel road / Advise

Problem is not a mechanical failure / test drove vehicle. Has separated tire and aftermarket wheels on vehicle. Recommend customer speak with salesman to have vehicle taken to Tires for Less for 'Road Force Balance' of wheels.”

As can be noted, my thoughts on the problem were completely wrong. However, note that they referred to the fact that I had aftermarket wheels. The car only has 2300 miles on it; I purchased it new (actually a lease); and I have replaced absolutely nothing on the car. If the vehicle has aftermarket wheels, the factory/dealer put them on the car – not me!

As recommended by the comment on the invoice, after finally getting a hold of the salesman, he went back to the service department, came back in about ten minutes, and told me it was out of alignment, I had Michelin tires and I needed to take it to Sears and have it aligned. I, of course, have factory installed Goodyear tires. I went to the Goodyear dealer and they told me to go pitch a tent on the showroom floor and stay there until they fixed the car and that there should be absolutely no aftermarket parts on a new vehicle.

So why do I supposedly have aftermarket wheels on a brand new car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have any pics of your wheels? Regardless the DEALER is responsible for this problem NOT you! The wheels could be an aftermarket by Mopar installed by the dealer, but I seriously doubt it. THE DEALER HAS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
brian2k is right, if you bought the car with the wheels already on the car the dealer needs to fix it. And if it is a seperated tire then they should replace it for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, have a brief update with some good news from my standpoint.

The General Manager from the dealership called me yesterday evening and after hearing the details of the issue, said that he would call "Tires For Less" and make the arrangements for me to take the car in and get the tire/wheel problems resolved at no cost.

Secondly, he said that the dealerships do often put aftermarket wheels on some of the vehicles. Usually, such as in the case of my car, they may come with anodized or plain wheels on less expensive models and they will change them out with aftermarket chrome wheels to make the vehicle a little more classy.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'll let you know what the final resolution is!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts