Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you DIY oil changers notice the "Factory Installed" logo on the bottom of the OF? Have to save that one so when my kids sell the SRT-8 at Barrett-Jackson in 30 years they'll be able to get top dollar for all original parts. I can see some concours judge going crazy over this bit of trivia long after I'm gone.

BTW, this car is lowwww! Reminds me of my Austin-Healey 3000 that's so low the standard jack won't fit under the car when the tire's flat. Could barely find a place to stick a floor jack underneath to get it up in the air. Maybe I'll have to pop for one of those Horrible Freight aluminum quick jacks.

Rick

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yep, drained it and put it in the box. Not sure how critical for future value, but I have it.....Was it on tight as all heck?? Mine was...

Todd

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
A keeper, my C had no factory logo, mine was tighter than a mofo, what are these idiots thinking, oops, that's it, they are not thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
That's pretty cool. Definitely worth keeping.

Somebody asked me over the weekend if I "removed my build sheets and put them in plastic in my office drawer in a safe spot."

I'm not sure I understand what he was referring to, the stickers on all the parts maybe?

·
Registered
209 Posts
vvv90 said:

Somebody asked me over the weekend if I "removed my build sheets and put them in plastic in my office drawer in a safe spot."

I'm not sure I understand what he was referring to, the stickers on all the parts maybe?
There's a fair amount of paperwork created during the build process and the Brampton folks sometimes stuff them under/behind/in between the seats or throw them on the floor when the car rolls off the line. The dealership usually just throws them away. Some people request that they keep them and safekeep them for 'old times sake'.

I bet if you dug around, you'd find something.

Dan

·
Registered
482 Posts
vvv90 said:

I found the build sheet and some other various pieces of paper work under the rear tray in the Magnum floor. I have it set aside in a folder right now and I am thinking about having it lamenated.

I have heard the build sheets are typically thrown the in the trunk, so pull up your trunk mat and check.

Todd

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteDiamond said:
....Was it on tight as all heck?? Mine was...

Todd
They probably heard about JK's plan to huff the motor and didn't want the OF blowing off in the process :burnout:

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definately a keeper . . . I have the one from my 96 Impala SS and my 05 CTS-V; they do not say anything about factory installed but they are different from aftermarket AC Delco filters. By the way, my buddy's boss is the guy who bought the 1954 Olds Motorama show car at Barrett this year for a whopping $3.24M!

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Benh said:
Definately a keeper . . . I have the one from my 96 Impala SS and my 05 CTS-V; they do not say anything about factory installed but they are different from aftermarket AC Delco filters. By the way, my buddy's boss is the guy who bought the 1954 Olds Motorama show car at Barrett this year for a whopping $3.24M!

pffft.

Name dropper. ;)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
I found the build sheet and some other various pieces of paper work under the rear tray in the Magnum floor. I have it set aside in a folder right now and I am thinking about having it lamenated.

I have heard the build sheets are typically thrown the in the trunk, so pull up your trunk mat and check.

Todd
If you are keeping it for value, don't laminate it, you'll ruin it, kinda like restoring an antique. Put it in an acid free plastic folder.

I don't have a build sheet for the C but my window sticker says built for _______, my name here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
If you are keeping it for value, don't laminate it, you'll ruin it, kinda like restoring an antique. Put it in an acid free plastic folder.

I don't have a build sheet for the C but my window sticker says built for _______, my name here.
Good info! Thank you. I will find a folder for them, then.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
my 300C oil filter had the "factory Installed" stamp on it so i figured i better not change it.... i just poured the oil out and put it back on. along with 7 qts of "true value" non detergent 30 wt I got on sale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
kevenj said:
my 300C oil filter had the "factory Installed" stamp on it so i figured i better not change it.... i just poured the oil out and put it back on. along with 7 qts of "true value" non detergent 30 wt I got on sale.

BRILLIANT!

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
darn right, I'm nobody's fool! I read an article once that said "oil is oil" so i don't know why those dumb engineers care what oil we run.

·
Registered
159 Posts
kevenj said:
darn right, I'm nobody's fool! I read an article once that said "oil is oil" so i don't know why those dumb engineers care what oil we run.

I use recycled french fry oil from mickey d's. when you take the filter off you have a snack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts