Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the rims on my 07 CSRT8 this past weekend and I noticed that
after only 15,000 miles the rims are beginning to show little white flecks where the factory clear coat finish his failing. Has anybody else had this? I tried cleaning and buffing, and it's not doing anything. It's on both the polished outer surface and the inner painted edges. Needless to say I'm not happy and plan on talking to the dealer about this. Has anyone else noticed there SRT8 rims prematurely aging? I did drive the car this winter, but since I have the GY F1 tires, I obviously didn't drive it that much. I tried to search the site and could only find posts on the 300C chrome rims having finish problems.

I'll try and post pictures once it stops raining, but I think they're calling for rain for the next several.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
not here

I was cleaning the rims on my 07 CSRT8 this past weekend and I noticed that
after only 15,000 miles the rims are beginning to show little white flecks where the factory clear coat finish his failing. Has anybody else had this? I tried cleaning and buffing, and it's not doing anything. It's on both the polished outer surface and the inner painted edges. Needless to say I'm not happy and plan on talking to the dealer about this. Has anyone else noticed there SRT8 rims prematurely aging? I did drive the car this winter, but since I have the GY F1 tires, I obviously didn't drive it that much. I tried to search the site and could only find posts on the 300C chrome rims having finish problems.

I'll try and post pictures once it stops raining, but I think they're calling for rain for the next several.
Mine date back a ways to late 05, no problems here. Actually been kinda surprised at their durability, since you need to wash them every 40 miles for the dust! But then I don't drive where you do, maybe it's a salt thing.

From what I've seen the finish is generally good. Sounds like you need to see the stealership.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Yeah - mine seem pretty sealed, except for the one I had to have fixed and recoated by a local shop because of a little curb rash. I have not read this complaint from another SRT8 owner yet, maybe we are just hitting that time interval where it will start coming up. The standard C 18-inch wheels...totally different story.

Eric

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got off my lazy butt and cleaned the rims again and took some pictures. I'm thinking I'll be stopping at the dealer this week and talking to a service manager. And while I did drive the car during the winter, I'm also including a picture of the Goodyear F1 tires on my car...meaning I couldn't drive it that much cause I couldn't get it out of the driveway much less down the street.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have it on one wheel. Its bad. So bad in fact that I thought it was a forging problem. Dealer has been no help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts