Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that already have their 300C (aarrggh...I don't yet) and DID NOT purchase a set of factory splash guards, how much do you wish your car had them? I understand that they help keep water/mud from being flung off the tires onto the sides of your sparkling new ride, but are waterspots as big a problem as some forum members have said, or is this an overblown issue? I'm thinking of buying a set before we get our car and I'm wondering what other owners think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It depends on what color car you get.... I think black would be the hardest hit with splash marks....

You can check out Super Dave's picture page to see a Black 300c with the guards installed below.

There are alot of pictures, the splash guards are in the second group down.

http://superdave369.home.comcast.net/300C/300CPics.html

·
Registered
529 Posts
I put the moulded ones on last week, but have not been able to see if and how they work as I don't take my car to work and it is staying nice and clean and dry in my garage. They do look pretty good though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
05Hemi said:
Mikejohn...where did you get yours? $$?
I got them from my 5* here in Canada and the cost would have been approx. $120.00 Cdn, but because I have sent a few customers their way, they put them on gratis. I did not have them painted, but they look good in black on my Satin Jade C.

If you do a google search for Mopar, you will find a bunch of dealers in the US who discount their parts and I believe I saw these flaps on the site for a good price. I have ordered the after market u-connect from a dealer in South Carolina but haven't got it yet. I think it's coming pony express.

·
Registered
101 Posts
splash guards

i have a loaded cool vanilla 300 c ordered since 4/22 my dealer said he would install flaps no charge. good things come to those who wait. i have been doing plenty of that latley. i saw a vanilla with flaps looked real sharp. make sure you get the molded flaps and not the straight ones.

·
Registered
290 Posts
splash guards

I'm planning on getting the molded ones as well. I'm thinking about having my painted the color of 300C (midnight blue). What do you all think? Yay or Nay

·
Registered
529 Posts
Angi300C said:
I'm planning on getting the molded ones as well. I'm thinking about having my painted the color of 300C (midnight blue). What do you all think? Yay or Nay
IMO I say nay because you will end up with mud dirt etc. and I think they will look dirty especially if you have the dark colours, but then what do I know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where on the internet I can get the molded guards? And if I get them in black, where would i take those to get painted to match my color (magnesium). Or, can i get them in magnesium already?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
seelen buy splash guards

mopar supercenter.com or www. lee auto mall.com your local dealer should have them for about the same price. no shipping cost at the dealer hopes this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
You can buy the Chrysler 300 Splash Guards at the dealer and also from www.mopar.com . They are paintable. You can buy a 6 oz. can of touch spray paint from the dealer using your paint code. Every car I saw with molded factory guards that was color coded did not have paint on the inside of the guard so I only painted the outerside of the guards. I will install sometime this coming week. Also plan on getting a Black Magnum RT and will install them after painting. If I get Sirius I will paint the roof antenna.

·
Registered
26 Posts
E55 KEV said:
You can buy a 6 oz. can of touch spray paint from the dealer using your paint code
Great idea--thanks Kev! :D

Good idea to leave the tire-side black, since it would
just chip and get dirty.

Since I plan on Cool Vanilla, splash guards, and am cheap :eek: ,
you just solved a problem for me.

Best,

George "Scots Invented Copper Wire, Fighting Over A Penny" Ferguson

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Doc G said:
Is it hard to install?
I should install them this week. Does not look too hard, however, a drill and a 3/32" drill bit is needed to make 1 extra mounting hole for each the front guards and a 1/4" bit is needed for the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
DrDeville said:
Great idea--thanks Kev! :D

Good idea to leave the tire-side black, since it would
just chip and get dirty.

Since I plan on Cool Vanilla, splash guards, and am cheap :eek: ,
you just solved a problem for me.
Since the spray factory spray paint is expensive ($10) and you only get 6 oz. do like I did and buy some cheaper paint to use as primer. There was just enough paint in the 6 oz can to cover all four splash guard only one time. So if you want more than one coat or heavy handed with spray paint I sugguest you guy two cans from dealer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I painted the splashguards (paintable type) that I bought for a different car. And I found that you need to use flex type primer and the guards still could use some light sanding prep to help the paint stick. After much work they looked nice but there was some chipping and minor peeling at the edges. Thet did look nicer than black though. :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I also put a final coat of 'clear gloss'. Eventhough Chrysler states they are paintable they seem to 'not' take paint very well especially the edges like "C" for me mentioned. For primer use a paint the says plastic. I think they will require constant touch up over time.

"C"for me where can you find "flex type primer", an auto supply store? Know of any brand names?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts