Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Canada !......anyone out there from Germany and own a 300C ??.....i think it's so cool that there are 300Cs driving around the autobahns and streets of Berlin,Frankfurt and other major cities....i noticed that european spec 300Cs have the Magnum RT wheels and side marker lamps....please post some pics if anyone has them !

aufwiedersehen und vielen dank !!! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Northwest300C,

I'm also a member of this forum, "Big Red". I live and work here in Wiesbaden, Germany and I'm crusing the Autobahns in a 2005, Midnight Blue Pearl, 300C fully loaded. The drive is amazing and the looks you receive from the folks here are incredible. I'll post pictures later...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks big red !.....my mom's family is from northern germany (near Bremen) and i love it over there everytime i visit.....next time i come i want to pick up a european 300C brochure/prospekt to take back home.....i have been thinking of buying this car since last April when i saw it in person at our auto show here in Vancouver....i just bought my silver 300C last week and i have been driving it everyday in the snow.....it handles pretty good considering it is RWD....they say it will snow again today !.....3-5 cm only.....your choice in color is beautiful.....Blue 300Cs are rare around here....i bought a german car magazine here (Auto Motor Sport) that featured a blue 300C....great pics !....enjoy your ride !

take care ! :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
big red said:
Hello Northwest300C,

I'm also a member of this forum, "Big Red". I live and work here in Wiesbaden, Germany and I'm crusing the Autobahns in a 2005, Midnight Blue Pearl, 300C fully loaded. The drive is amazing and the looks you receive from the folks here are incredible. I'll post pictures later...
Hi BigRed,

It must be great to drive the 300C on the Autobahns. I spent some time ther in the 70's. What is the car like at sustained high speeds? What type of tires are Chrysler putting on your cars? How do you like the tires?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Having spent 5 years there in the 60's and driving a 67 Opel Kadet, and then a 66 Rambler Classic, I would love to drive this car on any of the roads in the area of Westphalia where I was stationed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
big red

i was stationed in augsburg, in the 60,s i have driven on the autobaun but it was in a army truck. have you had any problems on some of the narrow streets with your 300 .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys check out www.chrysler.de .....click on 300c.....i noticed the wheels are the same as the Dodge Magnum RT and the tires are Pirellis....also the 300 touring is a Magnum with a 300C front end and interior....and the 300s all have side marker lights (it's the law in Germany).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm stationed in Northern Germany, Westphalia area. I'm getting my C from the States, it is on order and expected to arrive no later than May 6th. I'm looking forward to the long road trips!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Big Red,

Is your C with US specs? And if so, are you using your NAV? I'm on a mission to find a European NAV DVD that will work with the US NAV system in my C.

D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
05 300c said:
I'm stationed in Northern Germany, Westphalia area. I'm getting my C from the States, it is on order and expected to arrive no later than May 6th. I'm looking forward to the long road trips!
Where are you located? I was in the Soest, Hemer, Iserlohn area when the Cdns were in Northern Germany. I would love to go back. Lots of memories.
:D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Northwest300C said:
Hey guys check out www.chrysler.de .....click on 300c.....i noticed the wheels are the same as the Dodge Magnum RT and the tires are Pirellis....also the 300 touring is a Magnum with a 300C front end and interior....and the 300s all have side marker lights (it's the law in Germany).
I also saw that on the German site last April and as I had the side markers on my 300M,I would have liked to add them to my C but I was advised by the Brampton Plant people that it was not recommended as you had to drill holes in the North American 300's. The 300M's were easy as the holes were already there.
:mad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mikey,

I’m working in small town not too far from Düsseldorf; sorry about being so vague about where I work but you never know, I’m sure you understand. I live close to the Netherlands border, only 5 minuets from my house. I spend most of my free time in Nimegan and Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) for those not familiar with the Netherlands/Holland. Speaking of the Netherlands(Love the Netherlands), I plan on having my C serviced in Arnhem, I already found a Chrysler there, the closes one to me, and the Dutch speak great English.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I called the over seas office in NY, I finally have my VIN, I was told my car is in D status, the expected delivery date to the port of Baltimore is no later than May 6th, so if you tack on the three week boat ride, I should receive delivery no later than June 1st!

I am selling the Firebird, any body interested?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
05 300c said:
Mikey,

I’m working in small town not too far from Düsseldorf; sorry about being so vague about where I work but you never know, I’m sure you understand. I live close to the Netherlands border, only 5 minuets from my house. I spend most of my free time in Nimegan and Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) for those not familiar with the Netherlands/Holland. Speaking of the Netherlands(Love the Netherlands), I plan on having my C serviced in Arnhem, I already found a Chrysler there, the closes one to me, and the Dutch speak great English.
I understand on the job front. I was stationed about 2 hours from the Dutch border and spent a lot of time in Nimegan and Arnhem, walking around the military museums and those wartime graveyards, it's quite sobering. I loved going to Holland in those days, it was a cheap place to visit. I understand with their lax immigration laws that it's not the country I remember. It's a shame because it was beautiful clean country in the early 60's. Enjoy your car when it gets there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Navi CD

05 300c said:
Big Red,

Is your C with US specs? And if so, are you using your NAV? I'm on a mission to find a European NAV DVD that will work with the US NAV system in my C.

D
05 300 I am awaiting the arrival of my "C" also. I checked out the CD for the Navi and they told me that they would have to chagne the diagnostics for it to work. Only bad part is that cost too much money. then it takeas away the US version when you change the diagnostics. So upon returning to the US you will have to do yet another diagnostic conversion ..more $$$. I will only have couple months left if I don't go back to the sand box in November. Which they are already making me do up a team to go. Thats all the info I was told on getting the Navi to work over here with a German disc. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh yeah guys I am in Baumholder but living right outside of Ramstien Air Base. Gutten Tag!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cool,

I might be TDY in May for 6 weeks! My C will be waiting for me when I get back. Thanks for the info on the Nav, it seems I will just have to wait till I get back to the States before I can use it. I’m assuming you also got the military discount, that discount is down to $500, and the 2006 300c will cost 4% more. Good timing on your purchase. Take care of your self over there in the “Sand box”.

D

·
Registered
232 Posts
desperate, maybe even a little pathetic?

I know I’m desperate, maybe even a little pathetic?

After giving up on D/C offering a European Nav DVD that will work in a US Spec 300c, I have been investigating… It hurts to even say it, mobile navigation systems. I realized I paid $$$ for the Navigation option knowing that the chances of it never working in Germany were high. I do not completely regret getting navigation because I plan on going back to the US in the next 2-4 years.

On to my dilemma, do I buy TomTom 300, or go with a Smart phone (MDA Compact T-Mobile €439.95) that can be used as a mobile navigator via TomTom Navigator 5 for an extra $299.95. Has any one else gone this route with a mobile navigator? Suggestions, comments, jokes are all welcomed here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts