Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some information that may be useful. The phone screen on my 300 failed to function suddenly after 5 years with no problem. My repair garage mechanic was unable to solve the issue. I searched the internet for a solution. Lots of traffic/videos about replacing the Hands Free Module and other cures, so I was about to source a new Hands Free Module (at great expense) and get it fitted. Then the car would not start one cold morning here in England, and a new battery was required. Battery was fitted, and phone screen fired up straight away! Totally fixed. Did it need a new battery with full power, was it solved by a 're-boot', or a combination of the two? I will never know, but if you experience the same issue, try disconnecting/replacing battery first. A lot cheaper than other possible cures.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Chris,

What were the exact problems your experienced with the phone screen prior to it fixing itself?

Meaning, did the display fail to see/pair with your phone?

Or did it see your phone, but you could not hear the audio of the caller?

Any info on what problems you had will greatly help others in knowing if a power reboot will fix the issues they are having.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Commander,

The phone screen displayed a spinning busy circle and the message PLEASE WAIT.... All other functions on screen were greyed out, not functioning, and the screen never changed. As notified in my post, problem completely solved by new battery. There's a lot of technology in modern cars, and I think that most garages struggle to keep up!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
As notified in my post, problem completely solved by new battery. There's a lot of technology in modern cars, and I think that most garages struggle to keep up!
This is why I bought an extended warranty for my 2012. It never did pay for itself. Did I learn that lesson? No, I bought another which also failed to pay for itself! :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this subject is related to my predicament, now solved. 2020 300s Alloy Edition, 5.7L, UConnect w/nav. Attempted to pair three phones simultaneously for usage of wifi and music libraries on each phone - lost phone function with UConnect. Phoned the UConnect customer service number and spoke to a knowledgeable rep who advised to do a 'soft reset' and outlined to procedure. It worked and UConnect phone function was restored - will avoid connecting multiple devices to anything other than wifi in the future. A youtube clip also outlines a 'hard reset' procedure for UConnect when necessary.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the steps for the "Soft" reset procedure that they told you.

(I have a 2012 and the Mute and Tune button press doesn't work - that method looks to only work on 2015+)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the steps for the "Soft" reset procedure that they told you.

(I have a 2012 and the Mute and Tune button press doesn't work - that method looks to only work on 2015+)

Numerous ‘Hard Reset' methods depending on model and year.

Soft Reset for my car - 2020 300s 5.7L Alloy Edition w/UConnect v.8.4:

1. Acc power ON, doors closed. UConnect system powered OFF.
2. Press and hold both the VR and the green phone buttons on the steering wheel for 30 seconds. Release the phone buttons and turn Acc power off.
3. Open driver’s door for 30 seconds, close driver’s door.
4. Fully start vehicle. Reconnect primary phone. I also deleted and reinstalled the UConnect app on my phone for good measure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts