Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be a repeat for some of you as I have posted this update elsewhere, but I failed to post anything her in the past couple of months. For all of the time I've spent on the forums, I actually feel like I betrayed some of you by not keeping you informed of the switch. :D Some have called me out in threads saying... "Wait a second, when did you get rid of your Midnight Blue 300?".

Well here's an update, and an update to an update... and so on. :fing02:

My old ride, 2006 5.7L 300C with the low and slow goodies:

My new ride, 2007 6.1L 300C SRT8. The first day I had it:

Test fitting my old 22's (KMC Dimes with 265/30/22's):

Few interior mods:

Before:

After:

Billet Tech goodies:

A/C covers, nav covers, shift bezel surround:

Cruise control stalk covers, turn signal covers, headlight knob cover:

Power seat covers, lumbar covers:

Window switch kit:

Door pins and bezel:

New noisemaker...

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some wheel progress... I'm spraying them next weekend. I should be rollin' them by the week of the 21st. I can't wait! I'm sick of the stockers.

My first time to the track with it. 3300 D/A, 84% humidity, street tires (car #407):

·
Registered
974 Posts
Awesome man, I loved your old car, but it is kinda hard to beat an SRT! What color are you painting your wheels?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I don't even know you and I hate you!!!! J/K friggin sweet.Enjoy the hell outta that nice ride

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very Nice Man...your Old Car Was Beautiful But I Know You Will Make The Srt Beautiful Too...i Like The Idea On The Rims I Think Bright Silver And The Lip On Red Will Be Really Nice

·
Registered
974 Posts
You know I even think that you could have used your wheels the way they were (blue centers) if there was a way to incorporate a midnight blue stripe, or something of that nature on the side of the car. I remember seeing a silver 300c at a DUB show that had some blue on the side(like a 2 inch pin stripe) and had blue wheels and it was awesome. I guess it is too late for that plan though, it must take a while to sand the wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very Nice Man...your Old Car Was Beautiful But I Know You Will Make The Srt Beautiful Too...i Like The Idea On The Rims I Think Bright Silver And The Lip On Red Will Be Really Nice
I've been tearing through paint swatches for the past month... I'm finally down to the last few. Very excited to see them done.

You know I even think that you could have used your wheels the way they were (blue centers) if there was a way to incorporate a midnight blue stripe, or something of that nature on the side of the car. I remember seeing a silver 300c at a DUB show that had some blue on the side(like a 2 inch pin stripe) and had blue wheels and it was awesome. I guess it is too late for that plan though, it must take a while to sand the wheels.
I kinda got tired of the MBP to be honest... I was ready for something different. I wanted to try to do something different than my last car, and wanted to stay away from the factory blue. The MBP wheels looked okay on there, but in the end they were just too dark. They might as well have been black. Your description sounds cool though, definitely something you don't see everyday.

The sanding doesn't take long at all, its the cleaning and masking prior to paint that takes the time. :D Although, if I don't like the outcome, I'll be back in the booth trying out some different color combos.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... all done. I'll be rollin' them this Friday. Looking forward to NOT looking like every other freakin' silver 300 on the street. I doubt anyone in the area will be rockin' the red lips anytime soon. :D

Sprayed the lips first:

Masked off the lips and shot the centers:

Unmasked the lips (no clear):

Shot the clear:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
all i think about is ronald mcdonald....big red shoes....just add yellow and you can sell hambegers out of your car

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
all i think about is ronald mcdonald....big red shoes....just add yellow and you can sell hambegers out of your car
lol Maybe I'm missing something, but a touch of red doesn't quite qualify as a "Ronald McDonald" car... now this on the other hand... :D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
lol Maybe I'm missing something, but a touch of red doesn't quite qualify as a "Ronald McDonald" car... now this on the other hand... :D

hahaa thats funny as shti, that car is hilarious

·
Banned
775 Posts
i think that's a great idea..... GOOD JOB. I PAINTED MY WHEEL RED WITH THE BRUSH AND I LIKE IT.. SOMETHING NEW!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 59 Posts