Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depends on their status with Chrysler. Some get a once-a-year discount number equal to about 5% of MSRP with a time frame to use them B4 they expire and others get f&f discount numbers to share throughout the year. Unless your "'friend" has a name scratched in the Detroit offices hallway, forget about a Dealer taking the discount on a C...demand is too high (at least on the West Coast) for the Dealer to consider accepting the MSRP offset from DCX. The Dealer will want that AND more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dealer just offered the EMPLOYEE discount to me the week they debuted the car. I thought it was some kind of promotion etc Chrysler was putting out for the roll out. When I found out it was NOT a Chrysler promotion I high tailed it back to the dealer and ordered a Midnight Blue 300C loaded. The discount was about 10% off list. They put this code number into the computer, we picked the options and then it cranked out the employee price. Additionaly the same deal Employee Discount was given to me on the extended warranty. To top it off he gave me 1K in loyalty cash. When I realized what had happend I sweated the next 3 months to get the car thinking this was too good to be true...but it was just the way they said and Big Blue is in my garage as we speak. Freaky deal.. right place right time but I was at a Jeep Dealer who doesnt sell many Chryslers

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you work for a large company, see if they have a proram for employees with Chrysler. My company offers the Friends/Family through Chrysler because I am employeed by them. We have a special web site that we enter our company code and it gives you a code that you take to the dealer. It is exactly the same discount as F&F. That's one way around it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I paid invoice by telling them I would not get caught in the hype of paying MSRP or more. I will only order one if I paid invoice price. 5% higher than Friends and Family discount.

I have NEVER paid MSRP for a vehicle nor will I ever. I called around any MANY dealers were willing to sell me one at Invoice as long as I ordered it. One on the lot would be MSRP.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My friends brother works for DC and he was able to get me an EP. I believe he stated he gets 4 EPs a year. I know my friend bought a Pacifica last year also on EP. I did order it, they would not honor the EP off the floor. I never met the brother, he just allocated the EP number to my name. I had until the end of the year to exercise the EP deal.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Blue said:
My dealer just offered the EMPLOYEE discount to me the week they debuted the car.
Those EP cert's are hard to get, but I have also ran across a few desparate dealers that were willing to give EP prices without the cert's and I wonder how they could do it or justify it without the number like what Blue described. :confused:

Chrysler has 'too' many dealers (4200) and some are hurting for sales. You just have to be lucky to locate them or be near them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ANYONE who will give you the EP or F&F # is a good person to talk with! As for a dealer not honoring it - THATS BS! If anyone walks in with a EP (Employee Choice Program I believe it is called) they have to take th ebusiness. He might want to order on erather than sell a stock one, but he had better take your business.... If Chrysler knew he turned you away - they could loose ratings.... (5 Star?)

I was told that eployees get a certain number of EP #'s to issue and then a unlimited (I believe) Freinds and Family #'s to issue. There are some rules about selling the cars after purchase and yadd yadda...but I stopped listening as soon as I got the number.

As for them checking your "relation" to the employee, I dont believe they police it at all! I dont think they car. Its up to the employee to decide how he wants to distribute his #'s.

I got the EP # pricing on the car, all options and extended warranty as well... came to about 5% below invoice if my memory is correct......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Employees get 6 employee numbers per calander year, which are for immediate relatives. Of those, 1 can be used for anyone, it is called an "EC" number (for Employee Choice). If the dealer is audited, they must be able to prove the relationship (i.e. birth cert, marriage lic, etc.). They also call the employee to ask about the relationship, and if they've used it "illegally" they can be fired, lose their benefits, pensions, etc. I've seen both cases and I've seen many people fired. It is definnitely policed.

In addition, no dealer has to honor any program (employee or Friends and Family) if they chose not to. It would not affect 5 Star if a dealer did not sell someone a car at those discounts. DCX cannot tell a dealer what price to sell a car at. Also, on the 300c's, NO ONE will give you they employee discount without having a control #. Either they just lied and told you they did, or they got a number on their own without telling you.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
carchik said:
NO ONE will give you they employee discount without having a control #. Either they just lied and told you they did, or they got a number on their own without telling you.
As stated, I have had a couple of salesman offer me the EP Price, aka "Green Slip" or "Green Sheet" price without a control number. How can a car salesman get a control number on his own?

·
Registered
10 Posts
By contacting an employee that they know. If it's an EC #, it's ok, if not, you (the consumer) could have problems, and not even be aware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts