Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the fan on their heater and air conditioner not working? The light goes on but there is not air or fan control. I just want to know if anyone has dealt with this and if it is a simple fix or do I need to take it into the dealers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've never had this problem with my 05 or any issues with my climate control system.

What light are you talking about coming on? There are only 3 indicator lights on the climate control system on the 300C, "A/C Compressor", "Rear Defrost" and "Recirculate". In AUTO mode, the light for the A/C compressor light doesn't need to be on for it to be working.

Just make sure that you're not in AUTO fan mode as sometimes, it is just on a very low setting and you can hardly feel/hear anything.

Turn the fan speed knob to the full clockwise position, you should be able to hear the fan noise clearly at this point, if not, then you indeed have a fan issue.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked. Check your fuses first, of course. I dunno but the blower motor may be going out. Thankfully, I believe it's located in a convenient location. Well, I hope. >>

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did check the fuses, and they all seem to be OK! So probably something else or the blower motor. The controls on the dash seem to work (heat, cold, feet, front, etc...) but no air is blowing.
I've been driving cars for 30 years and this is the first time something similar has happened. If it's the blower motor, I certainly hope it's located in a convenient place, because I'm not looking forward having the dashboard removed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did check the fuses, and they all seem to be OK! So probably something else or the blower motor. The controls on the dash seem to work (heat, cold, feet, front, etc...) but no air is blowing.
I've been driving cars for 30 years and this is the first time something similar has happened. If it's the blower motor, I certainly hope it's located in a convenient place, because I'm not looking forward having the dashboard removed...
Did you ever find out what was wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts