Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, anyone can tell us how the cooling fan override works, since I live in a very hot country ( KUWAIT ),and it would be very useful with the low temp thermostat...please help!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
maherm said:
So, anyone can tell us how the cooling fan override works, since I live in a very hot country ( KUWAIT ),and it would be very useful with the low temp thermostat...please help!!!
Quite effective in town, little change on highway, where it's not needed anyway. Probably up to 15 - 20 degree lower in town temps in desert climes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meister said:
Quite effective in town, little change on highway, where it's not needed anyway. Probably up to 15 - 20 degree lower in town temps in desert climes.
Since overriding the fan is possible and been tried.....can someone guide us through the mod itself...thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
maherm said:
Since overriding the fan is possible and been tried.....can someone guide us through the mod itself...thanks.
I believe that several forum members are working on coming up with some DIY fan mods. Do a search here and at LX forums, etc., and you'll find it's a hot topic (no pun intended).

The modification that's available now and commands both fans to the full On position, with engine running only, is GSM's torque mod & fan switch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meister said:
I believe that several forum members are working on coming up with some DIY fan mods. Do a search here and at LX forums, etc., and you'll find it's a hot topic (no pun intended).

The modification that's available now and commands both fans to the full On position, with engine running only, is GSM's torque mod & fan switch.
I know about the GSM mod, but I live far away and needed the fan switch mod only in DIY ...thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
maherm said:
...needed the fan switch mod only in DIY ...
Nothing released on the 3 major forums that I've seen, maherm. What may be adding to the complexity of the issue is the desire, well-founded, to be able to command the fans to high with the engine shut off.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
l3it3r said:
If it's setup ANYTHING at all like my car, You can simply attach a Switched grounded wire to the relay and it should click right on. Find out which wire runs to the the fan relay, splice in a wire with a switch on it, and it should work.
It will work but will set an error code in the ECM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Northern Rider said:
It will work but will set an error code in the ECM.
Thanks alot guys...but I have noticed from the other discussions that it is aimple switch according to the MOD and should not be hard to be done DIY...I am not trying to imitate the MOD itself but the concept,since I need the fan override thing not the whole MOD, for my special and essential need since I live in a very very very HOT country. :newangel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
maherm said:
Thanks alot guys...but I have noticed from the other discussions that it is aimple switch according to the MOD and should not be hard to be done DIY...I am not trying to imitate the MOD itself but the concept,since I need the fan override thing not the whole MOD, for my special and essential need since I live in a very very very HOT country. :newangel:
As I stated at the beginning of the thread, maherm, with the exception of the GSM mod, there is nothing yet but discussion on any of these forums.

I've made a note to PM you when one is ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Meister said:
As I stated at the beginning of the thread, maherm, with the exception of the GSM mod, there is nothing yet but discussion on any of these forums.

I've made a note to PM you when one is ready.
Thanks alot Meister,you have been very helpful. :wave: :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top