Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan runs most of the time, even with the 180 T-Stat. Maybe the T-Stat is faulty and needs to be replaced? Its done this since I put on my DS and installed the new lower T-Stat. Could this also be the reason I'm getting really poor gas mileage?

I know all about the disease, "The lead foot syndrome" brought on by use of the Predator! But even when babying my girl for a whole tankful of gas, she still gets considerably lower gas mileage!

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
PC, two things, did you buy the motorad 180? If so did you make sure the bleeder valve hole was at the top? What temp did you set with the predator for the fans to engage ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Bigsnake! got the Murray Ultra from AutoZone.
Will have to check concerning the the placement and my the setting. I dont remember setting a fan temp though, pretty much just used the canned settings.

Again thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i had to change the fan settings in my Predator, or the fan did run all the time, even with the lower Tstat. Once i did that, the fans come on much more like stock now, and the temperature stays around 180ish.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Better get that addressed pretty soon too. These fans just don't last long running all the time. There was a big back order on them last year.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
pastor, check for some posts by davew68. i set my fans to the same as his, 205 for low and 210 for high, and im pleased with it. i cant remember specifics and my predator is at home, so i cant check til later.

EDIT: these are too high, im sure of it. i think this is what i used when i was on a stock Tstat. let me see if i can remember what im set to now.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
settings

pastor, check for some posts by davew68. i set my fans to the same as his, 205 for low and 210 for high, and im pleased with it. i cant remember specifics and my predator is at home, so i cant check til later.

In my car I set the fans to come on at 185/195 AC off. They only run intermittently. I run the 4127, mine opens at precisely 177 indicated. The only time you ever hear the high speed fan is when you sit at high temps for prolonged periods with A/C on. And then it only runs for a minute or so.

A little note: running the fans on low speed is almost inaudible and does NO harm to them. It's the high speed that is only designed for intermittent operation. Your low speed is on anytime yor A/C is running.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
appreciate all the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts