Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

FAQ - Audio Upgrades

59K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  jrpace83 
el_duderino said:
rogue, your FAQ post is excellently written. Thanks very much.
. . . . . . . . .
So we did the rack-o-Soundgate/Navone LOC's on the OEM amp outputs, and summed them together, thus retaining OEM preamp controls and allowing us to use our own crossover points. We used a parametric EQ to smooth out the OEM EQ curve and correct for phase cancellation after summing. I'm concerned that we need to do the same thing to this vehicle...

We will be doing one soon. Would you like a crossover frequency chart on the OEM system? We take an NT Acoustilyzer and measure each channel's output with pink noise before we take the speaker and throw it over our left shoulder...
In the case of our beloved 300 do you think summing the 3.5 with the front 6x9 would give us a full range signal to use? By 'summed them' do you just connect them in parallel or do you use a special circuit for this?

Yes I would love the frequency chart when you make one. When I first connected my 15" sub I used the rear 6x9 speaker signals to feed my LOC's. I can tell you from experience that they have almost no bass on them. I ran the 7" sub signal to both each LOC's by connecting the channels in parallel on the speaker level side of the LOC. Still in the testing phases but so far it is sounding great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.