Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I guess I need to post a follow up message on all the forums.

The original post has been made here:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17582

And contains the following:

I would be happy to comment on this situation since John decided to start a thread on it.

We were asked to remove a thread on a sister forum which contained negative information and we declined. We feel that our users have a right to voice their opinions or concerns regardless of wether the business is a supporting vendor or not.

Since we declined to do this, Hennessey declined to renew advertising.
And the original thread in question is here:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have heard those same stories.....
But it speaks volumes about his rep that he wont renew...HE needs to stay in the fire and re establish his rep.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
man it would be one thing if this was the first and only post....but....
it kinda makes you wonder...although i woulda have like to see
the srt turbo....

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have probably written over 10 posts on Hennessey and his past and trying to figure out what he is really about. So much controversy swirling. I have always tried to be fair and sort out the baloney from the verifiable facts.

Reading the threads over at the GC forum makes for interesting analysis. Hennessey's supporters tend to gloss over the past and say things may have happened years ago but now things are great. Detractors are unsatisfied about past wrongdoings and make their feelings known.

As I posted before, the best way to deal with this controversy would be for Hennessey to admit any previous wrongdoing, apologize, make things right, and move on. Everybody pretty much would approve and forgive and the flamers would be shouted down.

Alas, Mr. Hennessey does not seem to have the fortitude or strength of character to carry the day - so he bows out. Oh well.......it is possible the past would repeat itself or a changed businessman will never be heard. How can we ever know?

By the way, I'm quite sure the HPE will continue perfecting their turbo system for the 6.1 - you will able to purchase this system and check progress on his website - you just won't get to be the first from these forums.:stups:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not renewing your sponsorship isn't going to solve anything. Face your problems before they snowball. Prove them otherwise, I know how difficult it is to face these problems and to be honest, that post did host little to no constructive criticism, but that doesn't allow you to ruin a whole sector of your market. The LX platform has many owners, and most owners that have an internet connection come to these forums. May God be with you wherever you go, best of luck John.

(guess i have to look for an alternative T_T)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
uncharacteristically, I will respond.

I don't really care if he leaves. Let him go in peace if he chooses, and if you don't like him, don't buy from him. He's not the only game in town.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I actually DO have a problem with the way ekool handled this...even though I don't know Hennessey and don't care if he renews or not.

What bothers me is that the original thread in question only contains snippets from posts on another forum. The poster does not appear to have any first hand experience with Hennessey -- all of his arguments are hearsay.

From a "buyer beware" standpoint, how do we know that the original poster didn't just summarize the only seven negative comments and glossed over the 300 positive ones. How do we know? Is the burden on us to check it's validity or should the moderators?

By not deleting the post, ekool is saying that it is OK to bash a sponsor even though you don't have proof or firsthand experience with them. You can dig up negative quotes and summarize your interpretation even though you've never dealt with them...even though your summary may or may not be correct.

Without first hand knowledge of Hennessey, the original offending post is worthless...it is just bashing. That original poster did not offer any proof to back up his claims and ekool let it slide. ekool should have just deleted the post and saved a relationship.

ekool said:
I guess I need to post a follow up message on all the forums.

The original post has been made here:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17582

And contains the following:

And the original thread in question is here:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622

·
Registered
544 Posts
And when there is a new 300SRT owner/member posting a thread daily here? Farewell...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I dealt with John once and I got the best service of my life, however I purchased an off the shelf part. I also was on line during a flame towards him and his response shocked me to the core. (was quickly deleted by a responsible moderator) He obviously doesn't need us and we all know where to find him if we desire to use his talents. I suspect at least 95% of his clients have gotten good work and service. I also suspect that those who have disagreed with his timetable or quality of work have received his particular stinging use of language. Just my take with my limited knowledge.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lmhoward said:
I dealt with John once and I got the best service of my life, however I purchased an off the shelf part. I also was on line during a flame towards him and his response shocked me to the core. (was quickly deleted by a responsible moderator) He obviously doesn't need us and we all know where to find him if we desire to use his talents. I suspect at least 95% of his clients have gotten good work and service. I also suspect that those who have disagreed with his timetable or quality of work have received his particular stinging use of language. Just my take with my limited knowledge.
We are not blowing off any SRT8 owners or customers. We just are not happy with the way we have been treated by the owner/operator of the site. Thus we will not support HIM.

·
Registered
313 Posts
A few years ago I recall many negative stories about Hennessey Performance Engineering, then Hennessey Motor Sports, being all over the Internet. It seems there were a lot of pissed off Viper and Vette owners out there. But for as many detractors there were defenders. Rather than read a bunch of posts from divided camps, I decided to do some research for myself. What I found was enough to formulate my own opinion.

I would suggest that anyone desiring more information to use one of many Internet search engines and read for yourself. The Better Business Bureau is also a good source of information but it can be stale.

I will disagree with the mentality about having to have "first hand" experience before forming an opinion. I don't have to experience my hand being blown off by a grenade to know that it might be a bad thing to hold on to one for too long. I can read about these experiences and form my own opinion.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
In the software business, they call it "vaporware." The process of "leaking" information about upcoming products and promising delivery "shortly" in order to keep people from jumping on a competitor's bandwagon.

I have never seen more posts about great projects, and high horsepower, promising dynos to prove gains - which were ultimately never delivered - than from this "former" site sponsor.

Here's a list of products promised, just from my own recollections. Let me know what I missed.

Headers
Intake porting
Head porting
Supercharger
Turbocharger
Stroker kit
Intake (version 1)
Intake (version 2)
Stall converter

Promises, promises, promises. Show me a car on the track. Show me a 1/4 mile slip. Better yet - show me one from a paying customer.

I just wish a couple of other "site supporters" weren't coddled in the face of honest challenge.

·
Registered
304 Posts
srt8danno said:
Here is a tissue to dab away those tears…..try and be strong during this time. :D :wink:
for every tear i shed another LX platform owner will be spared spending 3x what they should from a tuner with more than a questionable reputation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Free Speech? You guys are crazy. In this country you are only free to speak and put in print what you know to be true. If what you speak or print is not factual, or you are unable to prove them factual, and, that speech or print causes someone harm, you are at risk of civil and criminal penalties; we Americans also have the right to be free from Libel and Slander.

The Internet is NOT a free zone for these laws to be broken. In fact, Section 113 of H.R. 3402, the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005," goes so far as to make it a Federal crime to trash someone online without disclosing your real name, as well as using the internet to harass people or otherwise cause intentional harm to them.

If someone wants to post negative comments about their first hand experience with someone else, they need to make their identity known. If they are lying, they are risking legal action. If this forum's owners allow it to take place, they are liable as well.

Strange how the Free Speech people don't complain when retailers are charged a fee before they're allowed to post here. Few things are truly free.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.