Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently purchased new headlight assemblies and about to install them but I cant find the exact sizes of all those different sized plastic bumper/fenderwell fasteners that ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 1 USE, (have to cut fasteners 2 remv.) LOL
Can anyone help me locate a retailer that has those different sized plastic fasteners ALL IN 1 "BUNDLE" or pkg. I don't wanna go to the dealer & pay 20 million dollarz for em. Thanks.
I don't want to buy or sell anything on here so I hope this isn't breaking the rules... :)^)

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
US Retailers abound. I found that the Dorman 961-050 are perfect for the wheel well splash shields. I purchased them at my local auto parts store.

When I needed other plastic rivets and fasteners, I went to clipsandfasteners.com to find them. It took a bit of time but well worth it in the end. They have everything you need for those misc. plastic connectors.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used the Dorman ones but the plastic screw became pretty unreliable after some time. I personally prefer the chrismas tree type since they grip much better, especially on older vehicles where the liners may begin to lose some of their shape.

I found by accident that the below work exceptionally well for the inner fender liners. I ordered a 50 pack for a hood insulation project and had plenty of spares to play around with. I think I have removed my front bumper or inner liners at least 10 times for either cam swaps, grille swaps, or headlamp/foglight upgrades and these hold very well. The head is large on these but that helps to hold well and to remove easily.

Ford & Chrysler Hood Insulation Retainer

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
I'm not surprised that a clipsandfasterner.com link showed up in this thread. They have everything!

I agree the hard plastic screw in type fastener can be problematic to remove and re-use is almost impossible.

I hadn't thought to try that style rivet in the splashguard positions. I'll give that a try next time I remove one.

Great link, @bm_srt !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts