Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just occured to me the mighty 8 may be the fastest American made sedan.

Can any one come up with a faster AMERICAN built sedan. M's and AMG's do not count!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
....

cadillac. at least the sts-v, probably the xlr or whatever they call it, and then arguably the cts-v.

other than that, America really doesn't care for sports sedans and/or sports wagons. gotta go to germany for that kinda thing :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
AMGhunter said:
It just occured to me the mighty 8 may be the fastest American made sedan.

Can any one come up with a faster AMERICAN built sedan. M's and AMG's do not count!
yes fastest american made sedan. and is faster than the AMGs and the Ms due to their speed limiter. I am sure there are some exotic "sedans" that top 173 with no limiter though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
hmmm.
I saw an XLR on the flatbed tow-truck the other day...
while I drove by and laughed...
freakin' Caddy's
great ideas! - bad parts!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Oh boy, not this can 'o worms again. :D


First off, why don't the AMG's count....afterall, they are sedans.

Secondaly, what do you consider a sedan...There's a long standing semantic debate whether sedan is 2 door 4 seater, or 4 door 4 seater...Personally I've always called the later a 2+2.

Finally, it also depends on what you consider fast.....0-60MPH, standing 1/4 mile time, lap time, or top speed?

Oh forget it...I'm going to bed, you're gonna make my head hurt.


Not that it really matters anyway.....It's hand's down the Best looking, best handling, best priced--fastest sedan on the market, BAR NONE! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
not for nothing...

but chrysler/DC aren't exactly the models of longevity either. mercedes-benz set the record for most recalls in a 12-month period recently, and chrysler lowered their warranties to 3 years/36k miles. cadillac offers 4 years/50k miles.

i'm buying a chrysler, not a cadillac, but still.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vvv90 said:
Oh boy, not this can 'o worms again. :D


First off, why don't the AMG's count....afterall, they are sedans.

Secondaly, what do you consider a sedan...There's a long standing semantic debate whether sedan is 2 door 4 seater, or 4 door 4 seater...Personally I've always called the later a 2+2.

Finally, it also depends on what you consider fast.....0-60MPH, standing 1/4 mile time, lap time, or top speed?

Oh forget it...I'm going to bed, you're gonna make my head hurt.


Not that it really matters anyway.....It's hand's down the Best looking, best handling, best priced--fastest sedan on the market, BAR NONE! :D


Let me be more precise...

Sedan would be a 4 door / 4 seater. My definition of fast is 0-60 1/4 mile. Not interested in lap or top speed.

The question is asked because this car appears to represent the first of its kind. But I think Chris is correct in that the new Caddy will hold the "fastest" title but who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
I wonder what % of the SRT is actually "American". hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
well...

it's built in canada, and has a lot of last-generation benz in it :sly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
I know Hemis are made at Chrysler's Saltillo, Mexico engine plant.

American Muscle :usa2: Si' senor! :sombrero:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
AMGhunter said:
Let me be more precise...

Sedan would be a 4 door / 4 seater. My definition of fast is 0-60 1/4 mile. Not interested in lap or top speed.

The question is asked because this car appears to represent the first of its kind. But I think Chris is correct in that the new Caddy will hold the "fastest" title but who knows.


I'm not so sure they will hold the title.......funny thing happened the other day.......i'm reading Car and Driver and I see the CTSV add.....the "You have a screw loose" add and it says 0-60 in 4.9..........

it USED to say 0-60 in 4.7.........

DCX claimed the SRT8 would see 0-60 in the low 5 second range and several magazines got them into the high 4's..............??

time will tell, but it seems GM is still padding their stats a little.........
seems to me that DCX is consistently conservative with HP and 0-60 times


and guess who else is................

MB

the AMG's definately count and they are definately faster


definately A WHOLE lot more expensive, but they have tons of power with a ridiculous amount of torque

the M's are really fast too

fastest sedan UNDER $50,000..........hands down.....SRT8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
American Made

My 4180 lb fire breathin' BONE STOCK 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8 American Made (Engine Built in Mexico, Transmission Built in Germany, Car "Assembled" in Canada then floated across to Michigan) behemoth, can kick the livin' crap outta any Bone Stock SLR or CTS-V.

There I said it.

AND, But wait there's more. Give me EXACTLY the difference in Sticker Price between my SRT-8 and any AMG (or other 4 Door "Sedan") for mods, and I'll kick there asses too.

BTW I did smoke an SLR with a really good driver, and Mr Goodwrench himself said that after driving my SRT-8, he wouldn't buy a CTS-V. (his words)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
300CUL8R said:
I wonder what % of the SRT is actually "American". hmmmm

I kinda LIKE that the Workers of the World are ressurrecting (sp?) the MoPar MuscleCar for the 21st Century...

Now, they'll KNOW what being an AMERICAN is all about!

LJB :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
ok but wait!

fastest sedan, with 4 doors, made in america with german and canadian parts, under $50K, not including top speed or tracking ability, without an AMG emblem, non-turbocharged, non-AWD, and not containing a V in its name...

there, i think we have it...the 300C SRT8 is clearly WINNAR!!!

:banana: :biggrin: :banana: :biggrin: :banana: :biggrin: :banana: :biggrin: :banana: :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top