Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bear with my excitement; I think I have been a patient member of this site in waiting, I’m starting to get “C-sick” (yes I stole that from some one else). Some time in April or May, I will have my C! :D I apologize if this thread has been posted before, not sure and I didn’t take the time to do a search, so boo hoo.

I will be putting down $16,000.00 down, . I was wondering what the rest of you lucky C owners put down?

D

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I have put down A$5,000. I don't expect to take delivery until October 2005 at the earliest.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hemi57 said:
I have put down A$5,000. I don't expect to take delivery until October 2005 at the earliest.

?????????? Why October? Even if you put 0 down and got financed ......... uhm why so long?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
"C" for me, October is the estimated release date for Australia. I wanted to be one of the first to hit the road here and I am actually #5 in that dealer's order books.

Their policy for forward orders is $5,000. No big deal for me as the interest I would get from the bank over that period of time is only a couple of hundred bucks.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i put a 1000 down waited 3 months and then as they were backing it off truck the crashed it.. sooo..got down payment back, no way in hell i was waitn another 2 months and found my brilliant black C 1hr away in daytona. good luck...crosee your fingers....only happy thoughts :D and may your C arrive just the way you orderd it!
peace,herbaa

·
Registered
92 Posts
What idf the dealer takes your downpayment. Then "your car" comes in and he sells it a big profit to somebody who walks in and puts down $3,000 over your agreed price and drives out. Remember at the time of deposit "your car" didn't have a VIN to identify it as your baby. So the dealer just keeps telling you that the car has not been built and to keep waiting.

·
Registered
318 Posts
lacadac said:
Paid In Full!!!!!!! Cash
When you say cash, I hope you mean a check.. If it was cold cash, expect a knocking from the IRS.. Any purchase of 10000.00 made with cold cash the seller must file a "form" to the IRS.. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Dragon, I have been told that they will provide me with a VIN#, probably about March/April. Incredible that it is about 6+ months before it will arrive. So that will be enough security for me for them to not sell my allocated 300C to a higher bidder.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Dragon, I have been told that they will provide me with a VIN#, probably about March/April. Incredible that it is about 6+ months before it will arrive. So that will be enough security for me for them to not sell my allocated 300C to a higher bidder.
When the dealer enters the order into the computer, it is assigned a VON # (vehicle order number). They can provide you with this. You can then call Chrysler to check on the status of your order and they will ask for your name and VON and look it up. The car is ordered and built with your name on it and you can verify this with the VON long before the VIN is ever assigned.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Why the fascination with how much people put down on their car? What does it matter? Don't be offended by my comment, I grew up with the rule that you don't ask people personal questions about money matters.

·
Registered
208 Posts
JonW said:
Why the fascination with how much people put down on their car? What does it matter? Don't be offended by my comment, I grew up with the rule that you don't ask people personal questions about money matters.
My experience is that one asking such a question is very happy with the answer that they would provide to the same question if it were posed to them.

But you and I came to the same school, some things are not the topic of polite conversation. Financial matters are in this category.

That said, I did read the responses this thread drew.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have always wondered, why exactly do people get so offended when asked about financial matters? Not this thread exactly but I just mean over all. Like say asking someone how much they earn. Only reason I would think someone would be offended is if they think they don't make enough.

·
Registered
477 Posts
probably because everyone prefers to think they got a great deal from the dealer. in fact the dealer lost money when he sold it just to help you get the car of your choice. personally, i know every car i have bought (with exception of just one) they dealer probably took a vacation to the bahamas with the profit. that being said, i was satisfied with all my purchases. thats the important thing.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Wise words James Jefferson. My wife always says to me "why do you torture yourself looking around in other stores" after I have bought a product to see if it is cheaper elsewhere. If you make a decision to buy something at a price then you should just be satisfied.

On the subject of people being sensitive about money matters, if someone doesn't want to give an answer, then don't. It is optional.

I answered because I thought members can appreciate how things might operate differently in another country. everybody has a right to their own :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JonW said:

JonW,

Your fascination comment is way off the mark. This forum is littered with questions regarding how much some one paid for their car, rims, tires, exhaust… Please do not feel I am or any one else in this forum is specifically asking you a question, you always have the right to ignore threads that violate your rules you grew up with or seem too personal.
I apologize for feeling the need to respond to this comment.

It’s a Forum :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I paid cash for both of mine. One was 33000 and the other was 36000. The day I bought them there were 7 on the truck. By 9pm all C's were sold. Next shipments are in FEB, only 3. There must have been 20 interested couples trying to buy one. Luck was on our side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts