Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 12,000 miles on my tires and my rears are starting to get a bit bare. I currently have the stock 255/45ZR in the rear with the 245's up front.

My question is this: What's the fattest I can go without the tires sticking out at all or needing to modify the wheel wells? I've always loved the look of the fat tires (seeing them on Lambo's/Vipers, etc) and I definitely wouldn't mind hooking up better, especially with my rwhp and torque. Also, would have have to go with a bigger tire upfront right away or could I roll with the 245's until they wear done and need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your replies! Cheers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, thought I put this in the wheel & tire discussion, but I must have 'fat-fingered' it into the brake section...sorry.

·
Registered
241 Posts
275/40 in the rear is no prob. its the same height as the 245. i think 295 is about as big as u could go. but, 275 should be plenty

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Since this didn't get many replies but had some views, I'll state what some tire dealers in the area told me.

The biggest I could go up front was 275/40/20 and could fit a 305/40/20 in the rear. I haven't been able to find a 305/40/20 but did find the GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3 in 305/35/20. Only difference would be a slightly lower ride height than the 305/40. I'm still looking into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts