Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I have a 300C CRD from 2005-11 with 128000 kilometers (Dutch)
Since yesterday the engine maintenance light came up.
I have an ODB reader and after plugin it in I am getting the code P0246.
I have erased the computer log, but the code keeps returning.
I have search on the internet and found the following.
==============================
What does this mean?
OBD Code P0246refers to
The PCM monitors the supercharger (boost) bypass (SCB) solenoid circuit for an electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified SCB solenoid duty cycle (100% or 0%) by PCM command.

Symptoms
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0246
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Causes

Possible causes of OBD code P0246
- VPWR circuit open to SCB solenoid. - SCB solenoid circuit shorted to PWR GND or CHASSIS GND. - Damaged SCB solenoid. - SCB solenoid circuit open. - SCB solenoid circuit shorted to VPWR. - Damaged

Possible Solutions
Disconnect SCB solenoid. Connect test lamp to SCB solenoid harness connector. Cycle SCB driver in PCM by Output Test Mode. Test lamp cycle on and off - SCB solenoid is suspect. Test lamp always on - SCB signal short in harness or PCM. Test always off - SCB signal or VPWR open in harness or PCM.

My question.
Is anyone familiar with this error and if so how did you solved this.
Is it something one can do yourself or do I have to take the car to the stealership.
Many thanks
Regards
Ajay

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Fault Code: P0246

EOBD / ISO Description
Turbocharger / Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid "A" High

Component / System Description
The wastegate solenoid is used to regulate the vacuum that operates the wastegate valve actuator mechanism.

Meaningful description and quick check
The value of the control signal (e.g. voltage, frequency etc) in the solenoid circuit is either at full value (e.g. battery voltage with no on / off signal) or, the signal exists but it is above the normal operating range. Possible fault with solenoid or wiring (e.g. solenoid power supply, short / open circuit or resistance) that is causing a signal value to be higher than the maximum operating limit. Note: The control unit (ECU) could be providing the correct signal but it is being affected by a circuit fault.

NOTE 1. Check for other fault codes that could provide additional information. NOTE 2. If a fault cannot be located with the applicable components or wiring, it may be necessary to check operation of the control unit (ECU). NOTE 3. Communication between control units / modules can pass through a CAN-Bus system; check for CAN-Bus related faults and fault codes

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Also check the wiring harness has not rubbed through on the air con pipes alongside the engine, when they rub through they can throw up various fault codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts