Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The cause of the vast majority of you that are having this stall/buck issue is a bad PCM. I had this same problem with the same symptoms, same codes, and a new PCM was the fix. I even had my scanner showing me that I had a bad o2 sensor, o2 heater, catalytic converter and other things when I did the I/M readiness scan, and when I put in the new PCM I now have EVERYTHING showing perfect.

In conclusion: If you are have the stall/buck issue with the U0100 and P0700 codes, I wouldn't even waste time, just get a new PCM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
And like was said in a previous post, one other common cause would be the fuel tank vapor valve. Though I don't believe you would get the U0100 code if that was the issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently had these same 2 codes. The car would stall idling and while driving at any speed. I replaced the pcm, same issue. Replace front control module, same issue. Replace tcm, same issue. After about a month of trying to figure this out I got to thinking about how to measure the transmission fluid level. The 2006 300c is not equipped with a dipstick, it is supposed to be measured by a dealer scan tool at certain temps, etc, etc. I found there is an aftermarket dipstick available so I ordered it. I have not received it but decided to use a fish tape (a tool designed to pull wires inside a wall) I cut the end off and put it into the dipstick tube to see if I got fluid on it. And to see the condition of the fluid as well. I put it in until it bottomed out on the trans pan, pulled it out and it was dry. The underside of the car completely dry, no signs of a fluid leak of any kind anywhere. So I decided to put 1/2 at of atf+4 trans fluid in the car. Now the car doesnt stall at all. So after spending about $600 on components based off codes a $7 bottle of trans fluid fixed it.
If you have a stalling issue and are getting these 2 codes at the same time get your trans fluid checked 1st. There were no other typical transmission symptoms to lead me to think of fluid level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c with the u0100 code, however the car still runs completely fine, no stalling unwanted engine shutoff. Wondering if the code was just triggered due to a temporary disconnection or...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
fault code U0100 and P0700 and more codes

i ned help . what i can do? reprogram the ecu? or by i new one? i gonna send you the pictures of my board and and of my obd2 check errors.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
You may want to change your camshaft position sensor. This causes all kinds of problems on these cars. It's not expensive. All these modules go bad and often the culprit is dirt.

41 - 46 of 44 Posts