Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concerning CH800855, (Chrysler 300-SRT8-2012) my iPod integration died last week Sunday. Took it to the Chrysler dealer and they made matters only worse. Now my ACC (adapaptive cruise control) & FCW(forward collision warning) system are now NOT working in conjunction to the iPod integration, all just after 4.5 months of ownership and 3,400 miles. Any suggestions? -Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Pretty scant information to make any real diagnosis. Are there any codes set? Is there an error message displayed for FCW/ACC?

BTW, FCW can be shut off in the options screen. Have you verified it is on?

iPod integration is built in and utilizes the USB connection to the radio. There is no separate integration module like prior models. Possible you have a defective ICS (integrated center stack).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FCW, ACC, iPod integration not working-Reply

Hello,

The technicians that worked for hours on my car did not provide me with any "codes set." As for any error messages displayed, the dash console does display the following: "FCW OFF". Attempts to re-activiate the FCW warning system using the touch screen interface have been fruitless. As for your diagnosis of "a defective ICS (integrated center stack)," I appreciate the time you took to respond to my query. I will relay your information to the techs at the dealership, who appeared to be rather clueless.

Tks... - Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
If the FCW is forced off due to a vehicle issue, there is a code set and the dealer can use their scanner and see it. There are also tests that can be done on the ACC to re-align it if that is what is causing the issue. However, your ACC could be fine as it won't work until the FCW is working. Any one of several modules in the vehicle can cause FCW to turn off due to an error (PCM, TCM, ABS, ADCM, etc.). There will be a set code and standard diagnostic processes to determine the cause. It won't shut off for no reason. If your dealer can't figure this out, you need a new dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem

Hey JonW
Thanks for that good info. I have a similar problem: suddenly I have no ACC, FCW, ABS, or traction control. All the aforementioned warning lights are on in my dash.

Every time I try to engage ACC, I get the message: "ACC not available. Vehicle system error."

Also, in my Settings > Safety & Driving Assistance > Fwd Collision Sensitivity: this setting is frozen on the "OFF" position...I cannot change it to "NEAR" or "FAR"

Pushing the traction control button on the dash has no effect. Traction control seems to be turned off permanently.

Law2b: It's very disconcerting that your dealer has no clue. That seems inexcusable.

I was hoping I could take this to my corner mechanic. We'll see...

Or, is this a fatal error so I should trade it in for a Hellcat?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts