Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so I bought my 2011 300C a couple months ago. Prior to buying my car, I was informed that there was a front end accident at the passenger side. At first it appeared that everything was repaired and what not. The car came with 2 messages (service HID lamps and FCW Off). I ended up replacing a head light because the owner replaced one HID headlight with a halogen, but now I'm looking to repair the FCW. I noticed that my car did not have the adaptive cruise control next to the fog light, but didn't realize my car was equipped with it until recent. I'm not too pissed off from these issues since I only purchased the car for $17,000 with a bit under 40k miles. The car came with SafetyTec and a panoramic sunroof.

My question is can I just purchase the sensor and attach it to the bumper? Or will I need a tech to program the part to the car? How much do you think this part will cost? I see used ones on Ebay for over $400 :squareeye

Anyone have a related issue or any experience in something like this?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hello everyone, so I bought my 2011 300C a couple months ago. Prior to buying my car, I was informed that there was a front end accident at the passenger side. At first it appeared that everything was repaired and what not. The car came with 2 messages (service HID lamps and FCW Off). I ended up replacing a head light because the owner replaced one HID headlight with a halogen, but now I'm looking to repair the FCW. I noticed that my car did not have the adaptive cruise control next to the fog light, but didn't realize my car was equipped with it until recent. I'm not too pissed off from these issues since I only purchased the car for $17,000 with a bit under 40k miles. The car came with SafetyTec and a panoramic sunroof.

My question is can I just purchase the sensor and attach it to the bumper? Or will I need a tech to program the part to the car? How much do you think this part will cost? I see used ones on Ebay for over $400 :squareeye

You will need to take it to the dealer for programming. The dealer charged me about $300 to do it when I did the SRT bumper swap.

·
Registered
292 Posts

I believe you'll need the specific bezel for the adaptive cruise / FCW sensor. I've never checked the price of the sensor but heard it's about $2,500 and as said above, will need dealer service.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I believe you'll need the specific bezel for the adaptive cruise / FCW sensor. I've never checked the price of the sensor but heard it's about $2,500 and as said above, will need dealer service.
+1. There are two different bracket/sensor assemblies. Approx $1600 dollars. I can verify that the sensor you are looking at on Ebay is the correct one for your specific car.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
wow $1600+service for a warning signal?? there's a couple of them on ebay here's one with a bracket 11 13 Chrysler 300S Durango Cherokee Adaptive Speed Cruise Control Radar Module | eBay
Well, the bracket/sensor assembly has the $1600 price tag from the dealer. You will probably be around $700-800 after part costs and calibration. That sensor that you are looking at on Ebay will fit your vehicle. I am assuming you don't have the SRT style front bumper correct? That is a good price for that part considering that the black cover bezel is included and the 3 ball and socket clips are there and appear to be in good condition.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the bracket/sensor assembly has the $1600 price tag from the dealer. You will probably be around $700-800 after part costs and calibration. That sensor that you are looking at on Ebay will fit your vehicle. I am assuming you don't have the SRT style front bumper correct? That is a good price for that part considering that the black cover bezel is included and the 3 ball and socket clips are there and appear to be in good condition.
sweet. thanks man! I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, so i actually won an ebay listing for the sensor for $53.. im hoping the wires under the bumper are still in tact so I can just plug it in and test it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what happened did you get your FCW fixed? Im having the same problem with mines due to a front end collision. Im not sure if its broken or if its still working. If its due to mounting.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what happened did you get your FCW fixed? Im having the same problem with mines due to a front end collision. Im not sure if its broken or if its still working. If its due to mounting.
mines due to a front in collision as well.. im holding off on repairing the issue at the moment. not a high necessity

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok well lmk how things go im holding off on mines too, Since I never ever used the cruise control since purchasing my vehicle. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts