Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been pouring through my 300C general and navigation manuals, and can not find any feature for keeping track of M.P.G. Is this true?? On the "Trip Information" screen there is recoreded: Total Distance, Average Speed, Distance Traveled, Trip Origin and Trip Destination. These last two features are not important for the driver because of the recent trip archive, that records the last 10 or 11 navigation trips. But no Average M.P.G. for the trip?? Or Miles to Empty? My Lincoln LS had these features as a control panel information display seperate from the nav system. Everything else is on the 300C but no M.P.G. and miles to empty. Chrysler made a big omission here. Guess I will have to go back to figuring the M.P.G. with a hand calculator. :(

And whats the deal with the manual front seat passenger seat back is tilted manually??? No electric switch like the driver's seat??? What a bean-counter way of saving a few bucks. The seat already has an electric seat forward and back switch. When I got my car Thursday the passenger seat-back was tilted too far forward. I was surprised that there was no electric seat-back tilt switch. Top of the line car with nickle and dime bean-counter omissions.

Other than these two omissions.... I am well pleased with my C. ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
StCassel said:
I have been pouring through my 300C general and navigation manuals, and can not find any feature for keeping track of M.P.G. Is this true?? On the "Trip Information" screen there is recoreded: Total Distance, Average Speed, Distance Traveled, Trip Origin and Trip Destination. These last two features are not important for the driver because of the recent trip archive, that records the last 10 or 11 navigation trips. But no Average M.P.G. for the trip?? Or Miles to Empty? My Lincoln LS had these features as a control panel information display seperate from the nav system. Everything else is on the 300C but no M.P.G. and miles to empty. Chrysler made a big omission here. Guess I will have to go back to figuring the M.P.G. with a hand calculator. :(

And whats the deal with the manual front seat passenger seat back is tilted manually??? No electric switch like the driver's seat??? What a bean-counter way of saving a few bucks. The seat already has an electric seat forward and back switch. When I got my car Thursday the passenger seat-back was tilted too far forward. I was surprised that there was no electric seat-back tilt switch. Top of the line car with nickle and dime bean-counter omissions.

Other than these two omissions.... I am well pleased with my C. ;)
I must agree with you regarding the manual seatback adjuster. In a vehicle as wonderful as this, there is absolutely no reason to not have the passenger seat totally electrically operated. Oh yes, one more thing. Why is the lumbar support also manual? No excuse except for cutting costs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arnoldw said:
check your manual p. 147-150

Thanks ArnoldW. This web site is a GREAT asset.

At first, I still could not find the M.P.G. and the distance to empty. The nav system has to be in the vehicle information mode for the desired info to appear between the speedo & tach. I see now, that drivers need to co-ordinate between the nav system and the steering wheel control buttons. I will have to check for other hidden treasures of data.

We still have to work with Chrysler for a fully electric front passenger seat;
including electronic lumbar support. I believe that the lumbar support on the driver's seat is manual also. I wonder how many accidents have occured with folks fiddling with their manual seat lumbar supports? :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
StCassel said:
I wonder how many accidents have occured with folks fiddling with their manual seat lumbar supports? :confused: :rolleyes:
I would imagine none, or if any those are pretty pathetic drivers to start with.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Is it just me or does the lumbar "support" feel like a knee pushing into my lower back, probably why I leave it flat. Silly not to have an electric pass. seat.

·
Registered
588 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Is it just me or does the lumbar "support" feel like a knee pushing into my lower back, probably why I leave it flat. Silly not to have an electric pass. seat.
That feature, thought manual, is adjustable. Just don't turn it on so far; it is useful. A lot, too, depends on how you are built relative to the seat position. I don't recall the lumbar adjustment on Chrysler cars ever being electric, though.

I, too, lament the other lost electric adjustments on the passenger seat. My '99 LHS had the works on that seat, too. Right after that, Chrysler cheapened it.

Oh well... Some bean counter figured it was worth saving those pennies for something else -- profit maybe? pay Dieter's salary?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jjs said:
I would imagine none, or if any those are pretty pathetic drivers to start with.
I just wondered, since the national safety do-gooders blame cellphones for creating accidents...... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
StCassel said:
I just wondered, since the national safety do-gooders blame cellphones for creating accidents...... :rolleyes:
Ah, now I know why you ask...not so much if there actually were any due to this but ones CLAIMED to be due to this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 2001 Dodge Ram Diesel with the SLT+ & Sport package had power seats with power tilt and power lumbar support too. It's wasn't a Chrysler... but a close sibling.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My passanger seat is power. What feature does it not have? My daughter always "messes" it up when she rides in it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My '01 Grand Cherokee Ltd. has a power lumbar support on both front seats. When you press the button, it feels like there is a balloon inflating against your lower back. I personally like the lumbar feature. It really helps when you have lower back fatigue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife misses the hand-hold that we have in our Concorde on the front passenger side above the door. They have hand-holds in the back, why not the front. They are a big help for elderly or handicapped. My wife used it just to hang on while riding. I don't she was real thrilled with the way I drive. It's even wors ;) e now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts