Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've came to a slight problem, regarding "Rolling the Fenders" on my Chrysler 300. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what it exactly means for the process. Still alittle confused about it though..

I will be getting 22 x 9.5 KMC Dimes blk w/ Chrome Lip installed tomorrow. Tire measurements are 265/35/22. I also will be getting the Eibach Sportline kit installed which will give me a 2'' drop.

Well I've seen different posts suggesting that you may or may not have to depending on the offset of the wheels. My offset is 18mm.

I'm currently deployed so the car will not be moving, so getting the fenders rolled, could wait until I return if it is indeed a neccessity. Just need to know since I read that the process requires a heat gun, will this effect my brand new paint job, in any flaking or bubbling? Do I actually need to get the fender rolled? Last question to anybody that knows, would I have to shave the bolt down to, since i'm going with the 2'' drop?

Thank you for your patience and understanding...

·
Registered
566 Posts
You should be ok. But its possible you might catch the fender while turning and hitting a bump.

Since your going with the Sportlines I'd roll the fenders just to be safe. It's better to be safe then sorry. It will cost less to roll them now then buy a new tire/fix fender.

·
Registered
526 Posts
thats the same size tires i have(i think) and the only time it ever rubs is when u turn the wheel all the way while backing up u hear something under there but minor scraping the plastics but i also don't have a drop on it but other than that i think ull be ok most people get into bending and shaving when they hit 24s or have big tires on a lowered car 22s should work perfectly.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today was a good day...

I got the rims installed and Sportline lower kit. When my wife took the car to the shop, she suggested to have the fenders rolled. Both shops she asked about it said "no, it'll damage the car" and that I didn't need to for my set up. I took it to 2 different shops and both said the same exact thing. I asked them to shave the bolt though. I paid $250 for everything, installation of the kit and putting on the rims/tires. Car was tested and didn't need to be aligned so it was good.

I can say i'm definately learning alot of things using this site and it has become very helpful.

I have some pictures of everything but the car isn't where I want it to be quite yet, so i'm refraining from posting some updated pictures of the ride. I have a few ideas that I want to implement on the car that I haven't seen any 300 Touring have(just small things).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your camber will definitely be off.
How you figure that? I've takin' it to 2 different Car Tire/Rims shops and both said everything was good. Both shops said rolling the fenders will damage the car if anything. If there is another upgrade I might need or anything like that, i'm all ears.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How you figure that? I've takin' it to 2 different Car Tire/Rims shops and both said everything was good. Both shops said rolling the fenders will damage the car if anything. If there is another upgrade I might need or anything like that, i'm all ears.

Lowering your car will throw the camber off, no matter what. You need a camber correction kit or you will be eating the inside of your tires up like crazy. If those 2 shops told you nothing was wrong with your alignment after lowering the car, they're in the wrong business. :thumbsdow The "alignment" might be correct as in the tires point in the right direction, but the camber(the top of the tire is closer to the vehicle than the bottom of the tire)is definitely off.

Read this thread:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/suspension-handling-modifications/49363-got-camber-kit.html

Look at this tire:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thank you for the info. I will definately look into this. I thought I was somewhat prepared before I picked out a rim and lowering kit. Looks like I left this out..

Well my car won't be driven at all for Insurance reasons, so I have plenty of time to pick out a camber kit and get everything installed.

Appreciate the help..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts