Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. just wanted to know if the ballast is what makes the color or the bulb???

2. also i had a HID kit on my 2003 Civic SI and was able to take only the ballast out...will i be able to use the same ballast on my 300 and just buy the bulb and the cable that connects the bulb to the ballast??

3. is it easy to color match??? i had pink HID's on my civic and want to use that ballast still to save some money...any ideas?

Thank you all for your help...i am a rookie when it comes to my car still...i am more familiar with imports...thanks for your patience!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
1. just wanted to know if the ballast is what makes the color or the bulb???

2. also i had a HID kit on my 2003 Civic SI and was able to take only the ballast out...will i be able to use the same ballast on my 300 and just buy the bulb and the cable that connects the bulb to the ballast??

3. is it easy to color match??? i had pink HID's on my civic and want to use that ballast still to save some money...any ideas?

Thank you all for your help...i am a rookie when it comes to my car still...i am more familiar with imports...thanks for your patience!!! :biggrin:
Its the color that makes the bulb. The ballast only supplies the ignition voltage and regulates the run voltage to keep the bulbs lit.

Although you can come pretty close, its hard to color match because every HID bulb makers color temps look different in real life.

Depending on the type, you should be able to use the ballasts from your civic and just purchase new bulbs that fit the car your putting them into.

Note: just do some research on the HID makers that work well with the car. Some can interfere with the cars electrical system and some make not work properly at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...thanks for the help...it seems like i should just try and sell my ballasts and purchase two new pairs...that way i dont have to worry about color matching and electrical issues....and again your HID's are sick...main reason why the HID's might be next mod! thanks

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Its the color that makes the bulb. The ballast only supplies the ignition voltage and regulates the run voltage to keep the bulbs lit.

Although you can come pretty close, its hard to color match because every HID bulb makers color temps look different in real life.

Depending on the type, you should be able to use the ballasts from your civic and just purchase new bulbs that fit the car your putting them into.

Note: just do some research on the HID makers that work well with the car. Some can interfere with the cars electrical system and some make not work properly at all.
Excellent info! :)

-Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts