Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BTW, before I start. Heidi and Jina rock!!!!!!

Ok, my car is pretty complete but I had a couple things that needed to be done before Spring Fest. The Hotchkis swaybars got installed at Talon's house last weekend and everyone has seen plenty of those pics. This week, I got my deliveries from Heidi and Jina. Here's what they sent me.

Billet Tech stuff

Jina's handiwork.

How cool is that?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's some updated pics.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Incredibly well done, rsmeanine! Now, no more showing off until I can catch up with you! Looking forward to seeing you once again.

bruno

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was curious about the caps clearing the strut bar. Thanks, and nice pics.
Well yes, and no. The caps clear the strutbar but there are a couple of issues. First, the small bolt caps thread onto the strut bolts but since the base of the strutbar is about 1/8" thick, there's no thread left to bolt on to. I used a small dab of silicone under each cap.

Second, the large tower cap also screws onto the strut bolt. I put them on this morning and started hearing a loud clunking sound during the day. I originally thought the end bushings from my new swaybars had come loose again because it sounded exactly the same. In the afternoon, I took the strut towers off and drove home. The sound was gone. It turns out that the struts move quite a bit and the tower caps were hitting the base of the strutbar. I could see small flakes of red paint on the tower cap. I'm going to call BT on Monday to get another set of the washers that come with the tower caps. That should raise them up enough to keep from hitting.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Incredibly well done, rsmeanie! Now, no more showing off until I can catch up with you! Looking forward to seeing you once again.

bruno
I'm waiting..... :wave: ...... and looking forward to seeing you again too, Bruno.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Car's lookin' tight dude!

Keep raising the bar for the rest of us!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Cant wait to see this car in cali...

That looks amazing. Nice jacket too, I am really digging that

·
Registered
335 Posts
keep this updated, I'm looking to do the same thing

Well yes, and no. The caps clear the strutbar but there are a couple of issues. First, the small bolt caps thread onto the strut bolts but since the base of the strutbar is about 1/8" thick, there's no thread left to bolt on to. I used a small dab of silicone under each cap.

Second, the large tower cap also screws onto the strut bolt. I put them on this morning and started hearing a loud clunking sound during the day. I originally thought the end bushings from my new swaybars had come loose again because it sounded exactly the same. In the afternoon, I took the strut towers off and drove home. The sound was gone. It turns out that the struts move quite a bit and the tower caps were hitting the base of the strutbar. I could see small flakes of red paint on the tower cap. I'm going to call BT on Monday to get another set of the washers that come with the tower caps. That should raise them up enough to keep from hitting.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts