Looks great,very clean..
I had painted mine (all the verticals),
then replaced it with a SS Mesh grill.
Should have left it alone,more unique.
Mesh grills all over da place..lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why didn't you lower the plate holder ? Easy mod & it will make your grill look better. :wink1:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i would shave it off a lil bit more, so that the half moons don't show.. you know what I mean? Looks good tho.. nice mod.. :banana:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lik2race said:
Looks great,very clean..
I had painted mine (all the verticals),
then replaced it with a SS Mesh grill.
Should have left it alone,more unique.
Mesh grills all over da place..lol
I have an extra stock grill that I am going to black out the verticals on. What kind of prep did you have to do to the grill? I figure I will have to sand and primer it. I want to make sure the paint doesn't just chip off over time.
Joey Molnar
05 Silver 300C
14.0 @ 99

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well i finally finished my grill and it was no easy task.
First off i did it without removing my bumper and it is much easier.
i first tried to take the bumper off but than after i tried to take the plastic rivets off i saif f**k it.
so than i read in a thread that if you pull the grill down enough that you can reach it with a screw driver (i used a socket screw driver) and i did.
i than used the rotozip to take off the vertical bars and that was another mission. i had to cut it off and than grind each piece, than i had to tape it up.
modifying the oem grill is a misson.
i finally taped it, than primed than taped and im done.
to be honest, if i left the vertical bars and just pai9nted it, i would not be as happy as i am right now.
the exrta work was well worth it, but there is no way i would do it again.
i was gonna do my engine cover hemi orange, but this grill took me about 5 hours. the engine cover will have to wait until next sunday for me to do when im off and than i can shine this car for the 4th of july.
So, how did you re-install the (4) bottom screws?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your grille looks great man, I've been planning on doing the same thing. Guess I'm in for a chore.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
360DAK said:
I have an extra stock grill that I am going to black out the verticals on. What kind of prep did you have to do to the grill? I figure I will have to sand and primer it. I want to make sure the paint doesn't just chip off over time.
Joey Molnar
05 Silver 300C
14.0 @ 99
Really doesn't take that long.
The End result...WELL..you see the END result..
CLEAN..DIFFERENT...STYLISH

lol,bout talked myself into putting mine back on.. :silly:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
See I told you it wasnt hard to do. I did it Friday on Lexballs car the harsest part was putting th bottom four back in. It took about an hr to take one out and put the other in.

Looks good diffently differnt then all the stock mess grills.

·
Registered
108 Posts
CohibaEsplinado said:
What do you need for this mod? just a universal plate holder? or do you mod the stock one? yeah, I'm a noob.
Mod the one you have on, you'll need to shave some material from the sides to make it fit right, do a search, I think there was a how thread somewhere aroundhere. :wink1:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DESIREE said:
So, how did you re-install the (4) bottom screws?
I put the bottom 2 middle screws on first than i pulled the grill towards me and did the left and right sides.
It was quite easy, but also quite difficult if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How did you install the mesh? Thats the only part holding me back.......
washers and then inbetween the screws and the grill?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Aloha from Hawaii

NautcaSprt6 said:
Well i finally finished my grill and it was no easy task.
First off i did it without removing my bumper and it is much easier.
i first tried to take the bumper off but than after i tried to take the plastic rivets off i saif f**k it.
so than i read in a thread that if you pull the grill down enough that you can reach it with a screw driver (i used a socket screw driver) and i did.
i than used the rotozip to take off the vertical bars and that was another mission. i had to cut it off and than grind each piece, than i had to tape it up.
modifying the oem grill is a misson.
i finally taped it, than primed than taped and im done.
to be honest, if i left the vertical bars and just pai9nted it, i would not be as happy as i am right now.
the exrta work was well worth it, but there is no way i would do it again.
i was gonna do my engine cover hemi orange, but this grill took me about 5 hours. the engine cover will have to wait until next sunday for me to do when im off and than i can shine this car for the 4th of july.
hello there I knew that it would be a good mod looks good, I am glad I didnt let my stoker go to some one else. I am going to take out the center pieces and rechrome the whole thing, I can do this cause I have a plastic chroming business. Aloha Seth......:fing02:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
im goin to attempt to do this mod. i just baught another oem grill so that if i F up it wont be soooo bad. wish me luck!!! and ill have pics up for sure:fing02:

EDIT: i remember reading somewhere that you can cut all the vertical bars out and not have any issue with the horizontal ones. is this right?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
phillips2024 said:
im goin to attempt to do this mod. i just baught another oem grill so that if i F up it wont be soooo bad. wish me luck!!! and ill have pics up for sure:fing02:

EDIT: i remember reading somewhere that you can cut all the vertical bars out and not have any issue with the horizontal ones. is this right?
Good Luck, NautcaSprt6 has done a great job on his and hope yours turn out as well.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
phillips2024 said:

If you get rid of all the vertical bars, they will become a litle flimsy.
When I did mine, I put a mesh in the back which holds it together so I have no worries.
I told 300C2NV how to do the mod and he said he was going to cut all the vertical bars and then fill the horizonatal bars from behind with some type of hard plastic.
You can ask him if he did and what he used.
Good luck and be prepared for a 2-3 day event of modding this grill.

All in all, the finished product is worth it.

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
phillips2024 said:

GOOD LUCK!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts