Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after months of researching on this forum along with hours of reading through install guides and online pricing, I am finally proud to unveil my creation. The exterior is pretty close to being where I want it so now I'm going to focus on the performance. Anyways, here are the pics:

The pics above is the color matched Grip Grille, Stealth turn signal bulbs, SRT-8 Emblem from Billettechnology, and HID color matched (close enough at least) Luminics Krypton H10 fog lamp bulbs. I also snipped off one of the elements on the stealth bulbs so that they do not light up unless I use a turn signal.

This one is of my attempt at tinting the side marker lamps myself using VHT Nite-Shade and aftermarket clear coat. The color looks good during the day but the finish is not as clean I would've liked. I scrapped these and went for the ones below:

I got these side markers on ebay and they have a smoked lens with a black casing so it is pretty close. I used a matrix LED that is clear when unlit and amber when lit so the 5-0 can't write me up for them (at least at night...)

Sorry this is a crappy picture but you get the idea. Tinted by Jon's Tinted Tails in a med/dark. I replaced the parking, stop, and reverse lights with high flux LED bulbs to make sure they shine though during the daytime. Also, I had the rear Chrysler wing color matched along with my grill and switched out the Chrysler emblem for the 300 emblem.

Another crappy pic of the rear end.

So I guess now I owe you all some night time pictures so you can check out all of the lighting including the super white LEDs I put in the interior...

Let me know what you think - this is all a result of your tips, install guides, and feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uhh... I don't know why the pics aren't showing up so I've attached them in order as thumbnails... any help on getting the pics in the post would be appreciated :pat:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wow! Where have you been hiding, lol? Glad to hear that you found the forums so helpful before making all your mod decisions.

It all looks great although some of the pics are a little too dark. I'm amazed at how narrow your garage is, though. How do you get in and out of the car without hitting the door on the wall?

Congratulations on a classy look!
bruno

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - that garage sucks. I get in and out very carefully... I'll try to post some better pics especially of the rear in the next couple of days. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
More Pics

Thanks for the tip. I think I got it working now...

Here are some more pics:

This is a view of the fog lights and the amber LED matrix bulb that I used for the side markers. The fogs look a lot closer matched once the HIDs have warmed up and from the front. Notice there is NO YELLOW in the front headlight assembly unless I use the turn signal. I love the way this looks...

This is a pic of the map lights with 9-LED super white bulbs. I think they are about as bright, if not just a tiny bit brighter than factory. Yes, that is a V1 radar detector that I have mounted to the windshield and wired to the rar view (another trick I learned on 300cforums.com)!

Here is a pic of the rear with the lights on. My camera doesn't do very well in low light so they don't look nearly as bright as they really are with the high flux 20 LED bulbs...

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
You did good! Glad you were able to figure out how to do the photo posts. Keep up the great work!

bruno

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looking good man, nice work.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I like it...good job

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought them from the same place I bought the grill (Grip - they're a supporting vendor here). I think that you can buy the exact same material at Home Depot for much cheaper. It's just aluminum mesh. It's very flexible so I just kind of molded it to the openings from the back and then secured it with epoxy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so I switched out the tails because I got pulled over for the tints one too many times. I'm not as happy about the way they look versus the full tints but I have to admit I do like them much better than factory red tails. I got them on ebay for about $140 shipped and the LED brake lights are very bright. Also used stealth bulbs for the turn and back up lights so there is a chrome look to them:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Here's the full comparison. The tints IMO look the best but I guess the law is the law. Maybe I'll have some done in a lighter shade with the stripes...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Good job. I have the smoked LEDs on a BB. I always wondered how the black LEDs would look. Your car looks good!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts