Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell you the truth most of the times, when I post something I am not always that excited with the outcome. I will say that I did it this time, just like I wanted and expected.

First I will say these lights are not all that great, they are from Ebay called Sonar, and they are OK at best. They are certainly not the quality of the factory parts. I dont like how on the side view, you see a lot of the light and it just doesn't look right to me.

SO, I decided to paint the outer edge and the side as well to match the car. I got the paint from the dealer, I taped off where I wanted the lines, sanded, scotch bright, then adhesion promoter, then paint 4 coats then cleared.

Man, this turned out better than I expected.

Check back tomorrow for pics outside on the car in the morning!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice. Mod season is in full swing for you it seems!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahahahah

I totally go in spurts... I like my car right now, give me a few weeks I will forget about it again.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man...

I am very excited about the new look! What do you think!?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow very nice joob and it look very good on the car to. Nice mod :fing02:

·
Banned
651 Posts
wow that looks good, what are your plans for the rear wing? are you color matching it or are you gonna shave that azz. I think the car looks wider without the rear wing

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In another thread I painted the rear wing to match the dark gray/black roof on the car!

I am thinking if I want to airbrush it on or put the wing on... I hate the way the wing is so thick.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone tell me the best, easiest way to fill those holes if I want to paintthe wing on?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Less than $22.00 too... 1 small can from Chrysler factory paint, lil bit of adhessive promoter, and way less than one can clear!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
VERY nice. I'm not normally a fan of these LED/filament hybrid tail-lights, but these actually look pretty damn good!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
That's a nice little addition there, Paul. And when you get tired of it you just flick on the stockers. It kind of makes the whole back end look different, which I like since there are so many of these cars out and about now.

Nice.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks moose...

by the way we need to get together soooooon lunch may 1 or 2? Thurs or Friday? IM off work.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hemi4me, i need step by step direction to do that mod!!!!!!!!!! lol dj griff
U mean the tailights, or filling the holes?

Lights were easy...

Prob with the holes is there is NO WAY to get behind them. There is no room between the 2 layers of sheet metal back there.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VERY EASY... 3.5 hours or so...

First I had the Sonar LED lights, and they were smoked from them I think they were like $150.00 on Ebay.

1. Tape off the inside while they are on the car. (Start with the curve part first, get it where you want it, same on both sides preferably).

2. Remove the lights easily only 3 plastic nuts.

3. Sand where you are painting with 400 grit to get the plastic scuffed up.

4. Use scotch bright or a san paper to smooth everything up so its not quite so rough.

5. Use a spray Adhession Promoter from Auto zone made by duplicolor.

6. Spray on 3-4 coats of paint (I used the one from the dealer its like $12.00 for a small can) get a good cover, and keep checking to be sure you didnt miss any spots. You dont want to be able to see thru it.

7. Clear coat heavily I just used one from autozone Duplicolor but I am sure you could get one from Chrysler for more money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
lights look great, but i`m not excited about the style, they seem not to line up to the cars body lines as good as the factory ones.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats because the lights suck... they are not made well... Like I said

1 - 20 of 27 Posts