Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after over 80 hours of work I finally have remote start, and remote windows. My custom car shop has spent most of the last 2 weeks installing a new prestige alarm with 2way remote. The alarm has remote start, all 4 windows remote up and down, a shock sensor, motion sensor, and perimeter sensor around the car. We also replaced teh stock water squirters on the hood with new chrome ones that have blue led's in them for when the alarm is armed, very visible. It took him alot of time since noone has done this yet on this car so he really had to take his time and do it right but its done-finally. He called Chrysler and he was told that this is supposedly the first car with this in it, but I dont know. But anyway just glad to see it finished. It works great with no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
FAME2002 said:
We also replaced teh stock water squirters on the hood with new chrome ones that have blue led's in them for when the alarm is armed, very visible.
Please tell me this is a joke!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Out of curiousity and if you don't mind me asking, How much!? ;)

Bypassing the chip in the key must have been quite a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jjs said:
Please tell me this is a joke!!
No, no joke The leds only light up when the alram is armed not while im driving the car. It looks really good it adds alittle to the rest of the chrome on the car, Ill post picks later so you can see what Im talking about. Ithink all in all the alarm was probably $600 installed, the chip in the key required a transponder for the remote start, but they also had to use my spare key in the alarm. The car needed several different things for the alarm including 2 extra window modules so I could put all 4 windows down and those were $90.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
As soon as bypasskit.com gets their 300 databus module done, you will be able to accomplish most alarm installs with a two wire hookup. Unfortunately, their remote start still requires you to keep your spare key in the black box.

I've purchased an InterTrak unit to install in mine. This will give me two way control and tracking via web, phone and e-mail. I carpool and on the days I don't drive I leave my car sitting on a quiet street at a friends. I want to know immediately if someone tows my car away or trips the alarm. The InterTrak units work via the cellular network.

I hate to tell you this, but relays don't cost $90.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know relays dont cost $90 they cost about $2 I meant window modules.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wish Chrysler Dlr's would hurry up and learn more about the 300 Mopar aftermarket parts and accs. Chrysler has had a remote start module listed since the release of the line. The unit is oem and mopar.com is just a tease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.