Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my C on 4/13 and finally moved to D status today. I hope to take delivery by my birthday 7/2. Odds?? :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, my bday is also July 2nd I was hoping to get it then but you ordered yours more than a month ago from me. I ordered mine last week. Sucks for me if I'm gonna have to wait way after my bday for it. How long did the dealer tell you it was gonna take? And how do you track ur car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most wait time is around 8-12 weeks. I ordered mine on 23 Mar and it was delivered to the dealer yesterday (19 May). Right on the 8 week mark. Should have been soon since it sat in the Oklahoma depot for 2 weeks before a truck brought it up to Wichita.
Congrats on the order. You can go to www.bramptonassembly.com and give a small $20 USD donation and the plant assemblers will keep an eye out and give you status on your vehicle. They will also sign it somewhere hidden from plain view.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phantom, Happy early birthday!! It appears that DC has ramped up production since going to the 2006 model year. I think there was a lag time because for a brief period, they stopped production on the C in anticipation of the Charger launch. So it really depends on when you placed your order. Folks in Feb/Mar had to wait longer then the current wait time but I think rdrunner is accurate 8-12 weeks max. I hope we both get ours before 7/2. Once you have your VIN number, they can track it pretty easily. I just got an email this morning from my dealer that said my expected ship date is early June. Approx ship time is 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you went D today, you'll probably go into D1 for late June build. Ship time depends on where you live. I'd expect it in mid-July. Then again, you never know. Good luck!
RT

·
Registered
482 Posts
FINALLY WENT TO D STATUS!!!!? And you ordered 4/13? I ordered mine 2/24, and was once told (incorrectly) that mine had gone to D status on 5/12, I just checked yesterday morning, and mine is still in BX status.
What gives? Why is it that everyone elses is scheduled, and or being/already built; and mine is just stuck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Model 57 said:
FINALLY WENT TO D STATUS!!!!? And you ordered 4/13? I ordered mine 2/24, and was once told (incorrectly) that mine had gone to D status on 5/12, I just checked yesterday morning, and mine is still in BX status.
What gives? Why is it that everyone elses is scheduled, and or being/already built; and mine is just stuck.
Model - I've called the dealer every week for an update. Each time, I've been very polite but firm about wanting my car by my birthday. I finally got the owner of the dealership to get on the phone on my behalf which he willingly did. The next day, the car went from BX to D. Good luck w/ yours, the wait is painful isn't it?..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Model, if you're working w/ a smaller dealer, it's possible they haven't gotten allocation for the vehicle, OR there were a number of orders ahead of yours. However, that is surprising, I would imagine that any car ordered in Feb would get picked up in April, or May at the latest (no allocation was given in March). Good luck, June is just around the corner.
RT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts