Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300C is the most complex car I have ever driven for any distance when it comes to driving adjustments.

There are controls for the usual 8 way seat movements (apparently from the Mercedes E class), full electronic dual axis movement of the steering column, pedal positions, lumbar support, tilting mirrors on reverse.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to set up the ideal driving position? I am happy with my setup now, but found it took me a long time "playing" with the settings. Perhaps someone knows some shortcuts or tips to finding that sweet spot where everything comes together?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My preference is for a lot of thigh support.
I also like to be in a very reclined position, with steering wheel as low/horizontal as it can go.

Unfortunately the only way to get good thigh support is to lower the seat as low as it can go. When the seat is at its lowest setting the seat cushion will be in it most reclined position and gives the most thigh support.
The bad thing about the C's seat is when you raise the seat the seat cushion starts to tilt forward and loses all of the thigh support.

I am 5'11, and with the seat at its lowest position I look like a low rider.
Being so low in the saddle, I have to lean up and forward when I make many left turns because the front left pillar and outside mirror create a huge blind spot.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's just a matter of "tweaking". What sooo cool is that it's all stored in memory! As I'm driving, I've made a few tiny little adjustments of mirror position, steering wheel, etc. Just hit "set" and then "2" ("my" memory spot), and it's dialed in perfectly for next time!

I wish the front of the seat would tilt upward another inch or so. I really like to have a steep angle - the whole "thigh support" thing. Plants my butt firmly into that lowest part of the seat!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't believe there are any shortcuts here. Each person is different. Even people the same size prefer different driving positions. Just keep tweaking here and tweaking there till you get it.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Itz the damn headrests that bug me.
In what must be an effort to ensure their utility in a crash, DCX has "tilted" these things slightly forward - thus nearly & always touching the back of the driver's head -- forcing me to recline the seat a bit.
Anybody else have this "problem"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Redman said:
In what must be an effort to ensure their utility in a crash, DCX has "tilted" these things slightly forward - thus nearly & always touching the back of the driver's head -- forcing me to recline the seat a bit.
Ive noticed this especially when I first took delivery. But now I feel like it is the support similar to a very fast roller coaster seat at the amusement park...so I just feel like Im at an amusement park now every time I drive. I kinda like it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Redman said:
Apparently, we both like to sit fairly erect. My solution was to slightly recline the seat back so that the headrest is just about an inch behind my head. In that position, it does not interfere with my driving. I like the fact that the headrest is so close behind my head in case of a whack. Once that is done, you can tilt the enire seat just a bit to achieve a satisfactory driving position.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm 5' 10" and find the seating very comfy...no headrest problems, also I don't have to tilt the wheel to get in and out, as I have had to do with most other cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts