Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this happen to them? Whenever I leave my car in a parking lot and come back, all of the windows and chrome below the windows have finger marks and smudges all over them. I wish that if people were going to look at the car they would have the common courtesy not to touch it and put their hands all over it. Even though I am obsessed about keeping the car spotless, its hard work keeping the chrome clean on the car. Anyone have any suggestions on what to use on the chrome to help out on this?

·
Registered
588 Posts
It is a current phenomenon due to the unusualness of the car. It'll die down.

One way to stop them from touching it is to add a "shock" alarm to the present one so that any motion of the car will set it off. Lifewise, a proximity alarm would also be useful; it would set off when approached to whatever limits you can set.

So far as cleaning it up, my favorite window cleaner is white vinegar and water, mixed about a cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Put some into an old squirt bottle and keep a clean towel handy. Also, Windex has introduced a version of their glass cleaner which has the same mix and works almost as well. Just don't use the stuff on "Chrome" on this car (which is polished aluminum) and the vinegar may mark the stuff. However, Windex is Windex and has a bit of a waxy content which sometimes makes the windows reflective and may be uncomfortable for your eyes.

As for getting the fingerprints off the car finish, a good brand of auto polish kept in the trunk will do wonders for getting that stuff off. Anyway you look at it though, you will have to do the work if you can't convince the persons otherwise to stay farther away.

The alarm mods, IMO, are the best way and keep the other stuff handy for use as required.

'Course, you can always park somewhere else, out of the mainstream. But, do you want to do that?

It's the price we pay for an outstanding and unusual auto. :^))

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Great stuff, but be careful not to apply to the outside of the front windshield. Wipers have a hard time dealing with rain if the surface is "too" slippery!

·
Registered
154 Posts
My girlfrined and I were sitting in Red lobster the other night, and we just so happen to be in a window seat looking over my car, and I was looking out and this guys little brat of a daughter came running over and just slapped her hand onto my car leaving little hands prints, so I made my alram go off real load just to scare her off. Some people just dont knwo how to raise their kids, but yes i do notice this once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts