Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally after waiting about three weeks (cause we have so many police cars to tint) I got my windshield finished on the 300. It's 50% barely even dark but since the factory "C" had a very light tint on the windhsield it made it look allot darker than I had planned for. It looks really nice. Now the car looks clean all around. Just incase you guys are wondering all the other glass was done in 35%. Also since I was at it I decided to go ahead and do the de-mold. I took off all the side trim from fender to rear door with a heat gun and than used a 3m rubber wheel to remove the glue and lines. I have over 50k miles on her so the trim was a little harder to get off than normal but after a wash, clay, and wax shes lookin right! Let me know what ya guys think!! Next, on to get this car lowered...more to come stat tuned....:biggrin:

Here is a corner shot showing the glass and the side of the car detrimmed!

Heres a close up of the glass..looks dark from the side...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a shot of the passenger side you can see more the side glass and also the de-trimmed side.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
It all has come together very nicely! Good job! Somewhere along the way, I think it will only be a matter of time before you get cited for the front windshield tint by a LEO as well as the front side windows unless you quickly put them down while being pulled over.

Keep up the good modding.
bruno

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i hear ya on getting tagged on those windows with the windhsield not tinted i would drive by cops daily windows up no problem but now since the front is tinted it def. makes everything look darker.. will see hopefully it will be cool i might even take it off in a bit not sure if i want it that dark but it is really sunny here and really hott so will see. Im gonna try and get it lowered asap! I gotta get to the tire shop tomarrow to fix my tire dang nail in the 22's!! Thanks for the compliments tho keep em coming!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
yeah i hear ya on getting tagged on those windows with the windhsield not tinted i would drive by cops daily windows up no problem but now since the front is tinted it def. makes everything look darker.. will see hopefully it will be cool i might even take it off in a bit not sure if i want it that dark but it is really sunny here and really hott so will see. Im gonna try and get it lowered asap! I gotta get to the tire shop tomarrow to fix my tire dang nail in the 22's!! Thanks for the compliments tho keep em coming!
Where in NorCal are you located? The reason I'm asking is because you might want to hook up with our huge CenCalLX Club that takes in not only the Central Valley but Central Coast, San Jose, Bay Area, etc. We have all kinds of meet and greets with many of them including car shows, BBQs/family gatherings, and what most guys enjoy most besides the food, working on each others cars putting on all kinds of mods thanks to the help of one member having a lift in his shop at home. The precision is amazing and everyone learns to much. No charge, no due, and you pick and choose what you participate in...no pressures. And yes, it's incredibly hot where I live in the Clovis/Fresno area.

Let me know.
bruno

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bruno yeah I have been looking for some guys and girls to hang with that have 300's, chargers, magnums, so forth. I currently go to all the shows like goodguys, danger zone, forbiden fantasy, hot import nights and such. I use to have a bagged truck and a 500 hp mustang so i have been round the scene. So far I love the 300 just enjoying driving it and taking out to have dinner with my girl to nice restuarants. I havent been to ant getogether/shows with it yet but i would love to participate in some and meet some fellow enthusiest for sure. I live close to san jose about 20 miles north. I grew up closer to san francisco but had to move to the south bay cause i love the better weather! Yeah let me know whats up and how to meet everyone or whats up! Thanks...Shaun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts