Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am not sure if you can consider this a mod or not...but the first thing i had to do to my car was get some tints...and i did....i will try and post some pics from my phone for now...car is dirty but will get better pics cleaned up and with a real camera!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
again these are not the best pics...but hey its all i had at the time...saving up to do some more real mods to the car...although just the tints did make a difference on the car....next i think will be the HID's!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Any thing you do to the car that doesn't come stock is a mod. What kind of tint did you go with? Looks like 25%

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is actually 35% on the sides and 20% on the rear...i used to have a civic and would get pulled over left and right because of the illegal tints...so made it legal with a twist...lol...cause they cant measure the rear so makes it a lil darker

·
Registered
471 Posts
your next mod suggestion = take the dealer decal off, I hate when they put those things on. What makes them think I want the privilege of advertising them...bastards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
your next mod suggestion = take the dealer decal off, I hate when they put those things on. What makes them think I want the privilege of advertising them...bastards.

That was one of the first things I did. Plus I'd rather not have it baked on after a few days in the sun.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

exactly what i was thinking, If its a sticker then use a hair blow dryer to heat up the sticker so it peels off easy. If its a badge then use some fishing line or dental floss and "saw" away at the little black pad between the car and the badge.

nice tints btw

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i wanted to take it off already too...but i was thinking abiout the whole sitting in the sun thng....and my car was on the lot for a while under the sun before i got it..maybe i will try and take it off a day before i go to get it detailed just in case.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great looking tint... if you do go back to the dealer with your car make sure they dont put another dealer decal back on.... had a dodge truck and a Durango from the same dealer and had to debadge the dealer stickers about 3 times between the 2 of them because they kept coming back during routine service.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That is the first mod that I do to all my cars. The license plate frame and the dealer stickers have to go. Whe I bought the 300CSRT8, I pulled the license plate holder and the sticker while still on the lot while they were prepping the car.
The Salesman was like, "what are you doing" and I told him that if he wanted to pay me $50 a month to advertise for him I would leave them on.
He declined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts