Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this morning I got my first Kill in the CSRT8. I saw this "Bumblebee" looking Ford Mustang GT ahead of me in traffic so I thought I would speed up and see if I could get him to play. Sure enough I got next to him at the next red light. I stepped on it mildly thinking he knew what was beside him and be game, but he was caught sleeping so I backed off. Once he realized my intentions, he decided to catch up and sit on my bumper. Fortunately I got another red light, but this time he was behind me. Once the light turned green it was on. The ESP was completely off and I was manually in first. I barely spun the tires and pulled on him the whole way. We ran from 0 to about 80 and the CSRT8 just destroyed that poor Mustang! My best guess would say he was at least 12-15 car lengths behind me. I know, I know, it was just a Rustang, but I really thought it would have put up a better fight. It was a brand new GT w/ all the body kit pieces, racing stripes and "Ford Racing" decals on it. What a joke! All show and no go! I was stuck in traffic making a turn and he passed me going straight, but at least he was cool enough to roll down his window and give me a thumbs up. Except for the Blastin' Bob's my 300 is my completely stock family sedan,,,,,,, for now!:fing02:

·
Registered
42 Posts
thats what i'm talking about!!! :)
they underestimate the SRT8 baby !! as another SRT 8 owner, thumbs up !!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I was getting ready to race one of my ricer buddies when I finally found out what he had done to his Lancer....500hp ....AT THE WHEELS and the dang thing weighs 2900 pounds so i politely responded HELL NO!! Theres alot of stuff out there we can beat but then theres people who have to much money and put it all in their car! (hes got a huge turbo)

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Awesome kill~!! Glad to see you had fun :)

Regarding usnis0922's comment, I agree - you really need to watch out. There are some sleepers out there eheheh

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yup, those Lancers look pretty sick too. Big grillin' it like us.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice job! Lay the smacketh down!!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Congrats on winning, but are you sure he was trying all the way to 80 mph? 12-15 cars by 80 mph is a HUGE lead, and I don't think our SRT8s can kill a Mustang GT that bad, not even the older 260 hp Mustang models. I suspect that you quickly put about 4-5 cars on him and he gave up and backed off with his tail between his legs to avoid further embarassment ;)

Well this morning I got my first Kill in the CSRT8. I saw this "Bumblebee" looking Ford Mustang GT ahead of me in traffic so I thought I would speed up and see if I could get him to play. Sure enough I got next to him at the next red light. I stepped on it mildly thinking he knew what was beside him and be game, but he was caught sleeping so I backed off. Once he realized my intentions, he decided to catch up and sit on my bumper. Fortunately I got another red light, but this time he was behind me. Once the light turned green it was on. The ESP was completely off and I was manually in first. I barely spun the tires and pulled on him the whole way. We ran from 0 to about 80 and the CSRT8 just destroyed that poor Mustang! My best guess would say he was at least 12-15 car lengths behind me. I know, I know, it was just a Rustang, but I really thought it would have put up a better fight. It was a brand new GT w/ all the body kit pieces, racing stripes and "Ford Racing" decals on it. What a joke! All show and no go! I was stuck in traffic making a turn and he passed me going straight, but at least he was cool enough to roll down his window and give me a thumbs up. Except for the Blastin' Bob's my 300 is my completely stock family sedan,,,,,,, for now!:fing02:

·
Registered
175 Posts
More power to the SRT8, but it in all fairness it sounds like you started out lined up in tandem (i.e. him behind you) which makes it very hard to get a fair start.

He was already at a severe disadvantage going up against an SRT8... The additional burden of having to start directly behind you could very well have accounted for several of those 12-15 car lengths.

I am sure he was at least slightly humbled nonetheless. ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nice but there will be better competition.

I agree though - if he's tailing you that is EXTREMELY dangerous and stupid to go WOT right behind you. I would have let up too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I suspect that you quickly put about 4-5 cars on him and he gave up and backed off with his tail between his legs to avoid further embarassment ;)
Probably true, but 80 comes so quickly that he probably gave up maybe a little before I did. It's hard for me to guess how far he was back, and 12-15 cars was a guesstimation on my part.

More power to the SRT8, but it in all fairness it sounds like you started out lined up in tandem (i.e. him behind you) which makes it very hard to get a fair start.
I agree. I've had that problem before in my Typhoon. The TY launches so amazing that I was afraid of rear-ending someone in a "tandem" race.

The odds were stacked against the 'stang but he definitely wanted to race and I abliged. I'm sure he'll have second thoughts the next time he lines up against a 300.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm sure he'll have second thoughts the next time he lines up against a 300.
I laughed when I read this sentence because it reminded me of the many people I have left scratching their heads after a race... Especially in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice kill! Yea the GT's around me have learned not to even try unless they have some serious mods. Usnis, I had a similar experience with a buddy of mine with an Evo, only I didn't know what he had goin till AFTER we ran. His Evo puts down 388 to the wheels. It took me from a 30 roll, but I was ahead by a car until about 80-100. Once we got up there though he pulled hard through third and ended up with his rear bumber at my front wheel when we had to let off. I think if we went further he would have pulled more. We'll see soon. :biggrin:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got #2 yesterday! I was on a 2 lane road and pulled up to a light next to a new R32. The road was an immediate merge after the light and I was in the lane that needed to merge. It was a perfectly fair launch for the both of us and it was a constant pull on the R32 from then on. We probably ran to about 70 and he was about 5+ car lengths behind. After destroying the GT, I was a little more impressed with the R32. I am a GM guy, but every day I drive my CSRT8 I fall more and more in love.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice! By buddy has an R32 with some bolt ons and wanted a run when I first got my SRT, he ripped me out the hole, but we ended about the same way you described. Once yer movin, they have no chance. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts