Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on my first long road trip since I got my C (about 4,000 K round trip) and was wondering if their is any advice from fellow members who have made a long trip yet? I just got the oil changed, fluids topped up, tires rotated, but would apprecciate any other advice.
London, On. Canada to Myrtle Beach SC ( Yes,were going golfing! :D )

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Hemilover said:
Going on my first long road trip since I got my C (about 4,000 K round trip) and was wondering if their is any advice from fellow members who have made a long trip yet? I just got the oil changed, fluids topped up, tires rotated, but would apprecciate any other advice.
London, On. Canada to Myrtle Beach SC ( Yes,were going golfing! :D )
Just one tip - master that wierd Mercedes cruise control so that you don't have to introduce yourself to Smokey.

Enjoy your trip! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I find myself having to lean forward and look down at the stupid lever to use it. About the only thing I don't like about my car!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I drive to Alaska from Texas every spring and return every fall. It is 4235 miles from door step to door step. The single most important thing that i have learned is to make sure that when entering a major city you take into consideration the hour. Try to avoid the rush hour. It is better to take a long lunch or get up early to avoid the rush hour.

For example, I live two and a half hours from Dallas, Tx. I plan the trip so I enter the city during a non rush hour time period. It saves time, fuel, and frustration.

Have been doing it for years. Going up I take six to seven days. After a long season of construction work I am anxious to get back to my family. With that in mind, I can get back with proper planning and hard driving in 96 hours.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
cwcad said:
I drive to Alaska from Texas every spring and return every fall. It is 4235 miles from door step to door step. The single most important thing that i have learned is to make sure that when entering a major city you take into consideration the hour. Try to avoid the rush hour. It is better to take a long lunch or get up early to avoid the rush hour.

For example, I live two and a half hours from Dallas, Tx. I plan the trip so I enter the city during a non rush hour time period. It saves time, fuel, and frustration.

Have been doing it for years. Going up I take six to seven days. After a long season of construction work I am anxious to get back to my family. With that in mind, I can get back with proper planning and hard driving in 96 hours.
Do you go through Alberta? If so let me know and I will buy you a coffee when you pass through Calgary!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
cwcad said:
The single most important thing that i have learned is to make sure that when entering a major city you take into consideration the hour. Try to avoid the rush hour. It is better to take a long lunch or get up early to avoid the rush hour.
Anyone who does a lot of driving for a living thinks about the hour when entering a large city. It kinda goes with the job.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Do you go through Alberta? If so let me know and I will buy you a coffee when you pass through Calgary!!!!
Yes I will be going thru Calgary. i accept your offer. will be getting to Calgary around the 6th of April. Give or take a few days. have to visit my mother in Iowa and then on to Wyoming to visit an old friend. Then North to Coutts and on to Calgary.

PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and addresses. Thank you for your offer. I personally have nothing but good things to say about my Canadians neighbors. Have had many experiences thru my thirty plus years living in Alaska.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
cwcad said:
Yes I will be going thru Calgary. i accept your offer. will be getting to Calgary around the 6th of April. Give or take a few days. have to visit my mother in Iowa and then on to Wyoming to visit an old friend. Then North to Coutts and on to Calgary.

PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and addresses. Thank you for your offer. I personally have nothing but good things to say about my Canadians neighbors. Have had many experiences thru my thirty plus years living in Alaska.
PM sent!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts