Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It doesn't look like the news was posted on this forum yet, so forgive me if this is a dupe.

Congratulations goes to JMatt for being the first LX in the world to break the 10 second quarter mile ET.

Someone else also ran a 10 second et yesterday but did it 4 minutes later.

Video:

YouTube - Finally!!!! 1st LX in the 10's!

Timeslip:

This with a stock longblock 6.1 with a triple stage 275HP shot of nitrous, long tubes, 1000HP Half shafts, drag radials, skinnies up front, and drag shock coilovers in the rear.

No other mods!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Best part about it is its a 300. Eat it Chargers. ahhahaha

Congrates J.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome!!!! :fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
It doesn't look like the news was posted on this forum yet, so forgive me if this is a dupe.

Congratulations goes to JMatt for being the first LX in the world to break the 10 second quarter mile ET.

Someone else also ran a 10 second et yesterday but did it 4 minutes later.

Video:

YouTube - Finally!!!! 1st LX in the 10's!

Timeslip:

How much n20 do you have to slam down the gullet for that time? I'll have to try it myself, lol. I like the skinnies on the front too. I had a set of those lined up for the track as well but they barely hit the brakes. I guess I'll have to start looking again.

When I first looked at the design of the new Hemi long ago I said, "that's a nitrous dream design."

Shortly after that I took a beating on the forum for sticking up for nitrous being a great install on this motor. And now everyone has seen that the nitrous cars are killing the superchargers and turbo set-ups on the modern Hemi - over and over and over again. And as for $$, nitrous kills any other set up by a 16'th of the price.

We've seen where it IS safe to run nitrous on the modern Hemi and IS the best bang for the buck. Even when going against the "N20 rules of engagement" this motor is like a Timex watch.

Having said that, JMatt is not just running nitrous. This is a guy that knows how to "tweak" things to run at their maximum level. This is a guy that looks at a goal and strides towards that goal until he achieves it. Not by just dumping money into it until it's done, but rather a careful methodical way. This is a guy that deserves to be the first to achieve an absolutely un-real goal of an LX running a 10 second time!

VVV, please tell Mr. Jmatt, Moose says major congrats.

Good show.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much n20 do you have to slam down the gullet for that time? I'll have to try it myself, lol. I like the skinnies on the front too. I had a set of those lined up for the track as well but they barely hit the brakes. I guess I'll have to start looking again.

When I first looked at the design of the new Hemi long ago I said, "that's a nitrous dream design."

Shortly after that I took a beating on the forum for sticking up for nitrous being a great install on this motor. And now everyone has seen that the nitrous cars are killing the superchargers and turbo set-ups on the modern Hemi - over and over and over again. And as for $$, nitrous kills any other set up by a 16'th of the price.

We've seen where it IS safe to run nitrous on the modern Hemi and IS the best bang for the buck. Even when going against the "N20 rules of engagement" this motor is like a Timex watch.

Having said that, JMatt is not just running nitrous. This is a guy that knows how to "tweak" things to run at their maximum level. This is a guy that looks at a goal and strides towards that goal until he achieves it. Not by just dumping money into it until it's done, but rather a careful methodical way. This is a guy that deserves to be the first to achieve an absolutely un-real goal of an LX running a 10 second time!

VVV, please tell Mr. Jmatt, Moose says major congrats.

Good show.

It was a 275 shot of nitrous...Yikes! Like you said though, he staged and tuned for that shot big time through methodical testing. Most people would've grenaded the motor on the first run with 100 HP less.

I'll be sure to tell him that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts