Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my first oil change at 3K and the charge was about $38.00. Also I had them straighten the steering wheel (it was turned a bit to the left). They applied the TSB for the drift to the right issue and now the car tracks straight as an arrow (always thought it did) and the wheel is also on center. If you live in the northern suburbs of Chicago I recommends Fields in Northfield. They used to be Jeep only but have since bought 2 local Chrysler/Dodge dealers. Their other dealerships are all high-end (BMW Infinity etc) and you get the royal treatment there food coffee etc.. PS I didn't buy my 300C there (They hadn't bought the Chrysler business then) but they treat all the customers the same. Still very happy with my 300C. :)

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
HAy

HAy were is that dealer at. Im up in Waukegan and take mine to Knauze in Lake Bluff. Also a highend dealer of BMW Mini and Range Rover.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer

On the Edens just north of Willow.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Close

Is that Close to the Lake Cook Road. My Wife works in an office on the corner of Lakecook and old skokie. There us to be a Chrysler just a few door down but for some resone there gone now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fields

That was Highland Park Chrysler - Fields bought the franchise and moved it south a bit to Northfield.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a stupid question, why was your oil change $38. I thought everyone got free oil changes, well only had to pay for the filter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Never heard of free oil changes too. On the other hand $38. does seem to be a steep price for an oil change. Most places are $23-$27.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My dealership here in MA, has given me free oil changes/filters for the life of the car...not sure if its standard for the 300C or not. The name of the dealership is Concord Chrysler Jeep.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
My dealership here in MA, has given me free oil changes/filters for the life of the car...not sure if its standard for the 300C or not. The name of the dealership is Concord Chrysler Jeep.
My dealer charges 19.95 for an oil change, (I do my own) on your free changes is that at 6K or 3K intervals.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oil Change

Its usually a dealer option to give free oil changes. Since I purchased my Jeep at Fields the oil change is free for that vehicle. Their normal oil change is 21.95 + extra for Hemi (+2 qts). They also topped off the fluids and did a lube (hinges hood latch etc) which I verified and cleaned the inside and washed the exterior. There also might be extra labor to remove the lower engine cover. Next change will be synthetic in May. I always try to get to 6 month changes (May/November) with the syntheric because I only drive about 10K a year.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Excellent move on the synthetic, have you noticed on cold start ups the engine shoots immediately to 2000 rpm?, this is where 80% of wear occurs, synthetic reduces this wear.

·
Registered
323 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
My dealer charges 19.95 for an oil change, (I do my own) on your free changes is that at 6K or 3K intervals.
My free oil changes are every 3 thousand miles with a limit of 8 per year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My dealer charges something like $60 for a change with synthetic. But they always send a coupon in the mail for $25.99. I use that and pay the diff for the syn.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
coolvanilla said:
My dealer charges something like $60 for a change with synthetic. But they always send a coupon in the mail for $25.99. I use that and pay the diff for the syn.
Those crooks, syn only costs $1.80 more/qt, what's up with a $60 oil change. Make sure those Bozos are using 5w20, if you are not checking you have a lot of faith brother.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
My free oil changes are every 3 thousand miles with a limit of 8 per year.
That's good, now I'll be impressed if you get them to spring for synthetic. My perk was a free loaner (Enterprise) anytime I am in for service.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those crooks, syn only costs $1.80 more/qt, what's up with a $60 oil change. Make sure those Bozos are using 5w20, if you are not checking you have a lot of faith brother.
They are using 5w20, although they didn't the first change. When I pointed out the TSB on 5w20 only I got a freebie. They are buying the cases of Castrol. With the coupon I think it costs me $40 for a change with syn.

·
Registered
101 Posts
just had my second oil change, first one was free .$34.00 was the cost of the second oil change. $11.95 was for the labor. that must be for the shield underneath the oil pan. when i buy four oil changes the 5th. one is free. so i guess it works it self out. i would rather pay a little more instead of those quick oil change with the grease pit. that ends up on your floor mats.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's good, now I'll be impressed if you get them to spring for synthetic. My perk was a free loaner (Enterprise) anytime I am in for service.
I thought that a free loaner was a given in the US. I know we are not entitled to a loaner on this side of the border, but we do get a free ride to work or home and they will pick you up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts