Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've just spent the first full night tuning our supercharger system in on one of our srt8 sedans, the vehicle has a cat back RDP exhaust NO Headers! CAI suit the kit and a custom RDP CMR Edit nothing else. Results were fantastic torque at the tyres and great horsepower also on only 9lb's of boost well 9.4lb's to be accurate.
564rwhp on pump gas. and this is only the beginning, i'm planning on running the car tonight at the track to see what quarter mile results we'll end up with just waiting on billet cv's today first, the best the car ran previous was 11.57 with nitrous.

Posting some dyno footage very soon

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is awesome. Thanks for posting over here too. People are interested in the 5.7 version on this site it seems, so please keep us updated.

·
Registered
630 Posts
That was a weird dyno pull. Were the rear tires spinning on the rollers? The whole car was trying to leave, that's for sure. Looked like you need to tie it down some more.
Can't wait to see your trap speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a weird dyno pull. Were the rear tires spinning on the rollers? The whole car was trying to leave, that's for sure. Looked like you need to tie it down some more.

yes it was turning the tyres, we had 2 straps 2 chains and a pair of rubber chokes

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
You think that was leaving the rollers. Should have seen what happened when trying to dyno Synapse's car with old and stretched straps. It actually jumped off the rollers....twice. (Nitrous run @ Dynomotive not RDP)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice man!!! i love seeing that.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
what a fantastic drive home last night, really happy the police weren't around it is a total buzz to drive, and the blower is super quiet whilst cruising and then has a awesome sound when you boot it. I'm going to get some street footage today and post up, hopefully daniel will be able to film it when he gets up here today

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Here I go again. That is the lamest attempt to dyno a car I have ever seen. Are you basing your numbers off of that pull? Or ones similar? What is going on there...

I'm also very leery of something strange on your 11 second times (you just posted) with just nitrous on your cars. I just don't know...

Trust but verify.

Sorry guys,

Moose.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Here I go again. That is the lamest attempt to dyno a car I have ever seen. Are you basing your numbers off of that pull? Or ones similar? What is going on there...

I'm also very leery of something strange on your 11 second times (you just posted) with just nitrous on your cars. I just don't know...

Trust but verify.

Sorry guys,

Moose.
What is there to verify? Video's and results speak for themselves surely. What other proof is required?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
What is there to verify? Video's and results speak for themselves surely. What other proof is required?

Hey mate/s,

I'm not looking for "proof" as that sounds corny. The video looks so lame with a quick vrrooom vrrroom and a claim to 590-ish rear wheel HP. It does not look like it was done in fourth gear and I can't imagine any dyno that can calculate the correct hp numbers the way it was done. Obvious it's making good power and you guys are really tearing it up. But can you post a dyno sheet so maybe we can make heads or tails? What is the AF ratio too?

And maybe I missed it but I don't recall a time slip or video showing all the cars running 11 second-ish runs. I'm sure they did (run those times), but whenever I asked questions like "what do each of the cars have for mods?" the thread just died.

So go ahead and make me look like an idiot and post up the goodies:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Hey mate/s,

I'm not looking for "proof" as that sounds corny. The video looks so lame with a quick vrrooom vrrroom and a claim to 590-ish rear wheel HP. It does not look like it was done in fourth gear and I can't imagine any dyno that can calculate the correct hp numbers the way it was done. Obvious it's making good power and you guys are really tearing it up. But can you post a dyno sheet so maybe we can make heads or tails? What is the AF ratio too?

And maybe I missed it but I don't recall a time slip or video showing all the cars running 11 second-ish runs. I'm sure they did (run those times), but whenever I asked questions like "what do each of the cars have for mods?" the thread just died.

So go ahead and make me look like an idiot and post up the goodies:biggrin:
No probs :)

Here's my mods (RDP's are very similar - also see my signature)

(RDP Motorsports have helped in setting up my most of my vehicle).

Zex 100 shot nitrous
Nitto 305/45 DR on 18's
Pro Torque 2800 stall
Zoomers 3" cat back
AFE II CAI
RDP CUSTOM Edit/tune (CMR/Predator)

Jected's first 11 second pass video

Jected's fastest pass @ 11.94 video and timeslip

Have also run 12.87 a week earlier all motor with above bolt ons/tune no nitrous - no video (sorry) but time slip posted below.

As for RDP dyno run, please bear in mind this was with the stock fuel pump/injectors and was limited to 5000 rpm. This will not be the end result, it was purely to give everyone a look at what is happening (and a pretty impressive result at that). How much longer does it need to be on the dyno to get a result. Don't forget this has been on for 50+ hours (dyno time alone).

I guess tell Steve what you would like him to do/show and I am sure he will be more than happy to do as requested.

Hope that helps mate.:fing02:

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Trust but verify.

Sorry guys,

Moose.

what? man you gotta be kidding aren't, a entire country saw me run the car at the track and know the car, plus i have 3 others doing the same thing, as to dyno why the hell would i want to put someone elses figures up, you obviously don't know me or my companies reputation i suggest you check out the website what we have done and win over the years and i don't play around in fantasy land mate.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Moose,like myself and others are VERY excited to see the great work being done to our cars...and we love to see/hear results.Not to speak for Moose,as I cant do that....but that thing sounds so awesome and is really setting the bar it seems.We just cant wait to see how this is gonna work and how much it cost ect...we cant wait!Thanks for posting and keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
A 1.857 60' is nice (as is the rest of the run). What were your 60' times before the converter? I'm looking at 3,000 stall right now but would like to see a 1.8 1.7 60'.

As for the dyno, I guess it was just a show. Maybe I just jumped to conclusion as to that was the dyno run that netted the 590 hp run. That's what the link says, so...

And I did find dynosteve's run in that same line up on youtube. I've never seen this before but it almost looks like the track goes downhilll at the end. The car even disappears, lol. Is that just an optical allusion? YouTube - Australias fastest 300c by RDP Motorsport

Well, you guys are really banging it up over there and it's pretty awesome. It looks like you'll have the fastest LX in the WORLD over there! That's got to make you feel pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
what? man you gotta be kidding aren't, a entire country saw me run the car at the track and know the car, plus i have 3 others doing the same thing,
I asked in the other thread and you did not reply. So I am asking here. What's the big deal?

as to dyno why the hell would i want to put someone elses figures up, you obviously don't know me or my companies reputation i suggest you check out the website what we have done and win over the years and i don't play around in fantasy land mate.
First, what do you mean "put someone elses figures up?" I did not say something like that. Second, I'm just asking questions to what was going on in the dyno video and what does your reputation have to do with that? And relax, no body is saying you are playing around in fantasy land.

Moose.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
A 1.857 60' is nice (as is the rest of the run). What were your 60' times before the converter? I'm looking at 3,000 stall right now but would like to see a 1.8 1.7 60'.

As for the dyno, I guess it was just a show. Maybe I just jumped to conclusion as to that was the dyno run that netted the 590 hp run. That's what the link says, so...

And I did find dynosteve's run in that same line up on youtube. I've never seen this before but it almost looks like the track goes downhilll at the end. The car even disappears, lol. Is that just an optical allusion? YouTube - Australias fastest 300c by RDP Motorsport

Well, you guys are really banging it up over there and it's pretty awesome. It looks like you'll have the fastest LX in the WORLD over there! That's got to make you feel pretty good.
The track was quite slippery at Calder when Steve ran my car. On a stickier track it should come down a little more (fingers crossed). On the flip side of that, I was running stock half shafts and the slippery track could be the reason I was able to drive home that night.

My 60' times prior to convertor and DR's were around 2.2+ and trap speeds were around 108+ mph. I think my exhausts hurts me a little down low but definitely helps out top end. The blower setup will definitely work in well with my exahust setup IMO. I will be adding RDP 1 7/8 headers/hi flow cats soon as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.