Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we're almost there now. Saw her ladyship for the first time (actually she'd just come off the back of the transporter). She's in need of a bit of a sprucing up and of course the old grille has to be removed. So whilst, i'm awaiting the dealer's loaned me (wait for it) a sebring soft top. Talk about hairdresser's vehicle.

Hopefully, by Friday i'll be the owner of a new car.. (he says crossed fingers).

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
This is when you start loosing sleep - then you find the last 24 hours are the longest in your life. Keep us posted.
By the sounds of things you are going to have a car to come up to New Lanark in. Remember and phone the hotel and book your meal (presuming you want to eat with most of us). Let me know by PM what your "proper" name is so that I can keep my records up to date for the Meeting. We now have a rather nice trophy for the most popular car on the day (returnable for next year).
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I remember my 24 hours prior to picking up my car last year, it was a whirlwind romance, we went to have a look on the Friday morning (just to look mind (Wife's words)) and picked it up on the Saturday morning! Talk about impulse buying!!

Not a single regret though in the last 6 months, I still peep through the window periodically to look at it on the drive way!!

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
WELL??? Did you get it - are you delighted - have you a huge grin on your face. Tell All. Having said all that I hope to hell you did get it today and that you don't come back on telling us it has been changed to Monday (or worse). I want to congratulate you on joining the ranks of the select few.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELL??? Did you get it - are you delighted - have you a huge grin on your face. Tell All. Having said all that I hope to hell you did get it today and that you don't come back on telling us it has been changed to Monday (or worse). I want to congratulate you on joining the ranks of the select few.
Cheers John

Well, it's still not in my posession just yet. It's kind of my own fault really. before purchasing i've been an avid watcher of this forum and thanks to everyone's valid observations I asked the dealer at the very first meeting whether there was an issue with the wheels (well of course there isn't.... uh huh me thinks). so yesterday I get an email telling me that he's paid some particular attention to that area and noticed some minor corrosion (on a brand new car with 14 miles on the clock). So looks like i've got a warranty claim even before i actually own it... (possibly a record?)

i also happened to notice a small scratch/nick in the wood on the door grab handle and I've told them i expect that sorted (but was informed that, that may not be covered by the warranty) well that will be changed or i won't be collecting the car.

We'll get there... it's certainly not soured my experience thus far and I actually think the dealer's been good and informative so that's a positive start too.

Almost there..... but not quite :pat:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
So did they tell you when? VERY soon I hope. We seem to go through this exciting period with all new owners - nerve-wracking
Cheers John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts