Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well saturday i finaly went out drag racing with some kids i know, had a lot of fun and ran fast, and was getting faster. My 300 SRT8 was the only lx car there except 3 SRT4's and got a lot of admiration and awe on it's looks and 1/4 mile times. Next time out i'll have to remember to take the predator and do some tuning. I'm 399 on the right, and my first run i spun the tires for about 350 ft :biggrin: and still posted 14.523 at 104.42mph

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's a good run :biggthump , just need to work on that reaction time :stups: , try leaving when the second yellow light goes out.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Spinning to 350 ft???

yeah, reaction time.... on the cell phone? LOL

Glad you finally got to the track Chris!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my reation time was really bad, just didn't want to red light. Definitely next time i'll be starting on last yellow. No i wasn't on the cell phone, I setting destination on the GPS. :biggrin:

Tires spinning for 350ft, The track was cold 60 F and i (very stupidly) just floored it. The guys in the stands said it was pretty cool to see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey chris
I am in your area and going to "da grove" tuesday night 5:00-11:00
I have a 06 cstr8 When I went in july i ran a 13.74 temp in the 90's I hope to beat that tomorrow, unfortunatly I have my stereo and rim on now. Hopefully the predator makes up for that it "feels" faster. crossing my fingers on the temps in the high 50's and the predator getting me a 13.3 hope you get lost on 294 going home from work and see you there.:biggrin:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yullose, I logged off and didn't see this in time otherwise i would have got lost and found myself in WI. I'm sure you'll do better than 13.3, show em what an SRT8 can do.

Funny thing is another guy i work with has two kids that were at Da Grove racing a blue SRT4 on the same day and talk to the only SRT8 owner that was there, which was me. I guess they said they were impressed with the black SRT8 300.

Mine is stock with the predator 93 octane tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chris, I did a 13.58 on my 22's with my 300 lb stereo system so all in all i am fairly happy. If I can figure out how to post a vid I will get it on the forum

·
Registered
178 Posts
wtg Chris1 I am still to get myself to a strip to see what I can do with my lowly 5.7 ltr. I drive through Lombard twice daily on route 38.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris, I did a 13.58 on my 22's with my 300 lb stereo system so all in all i am fairly happy. If I can figure out how to post a vid I will get it on the forum
300lbs of stereo, you could have propeled the car with sound waves. that is a good time with that much weight.

Just put the video on photobucket and copy link to here.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wtg Chris1 I am still to get myself to a strip to see what I can do with my lowly 5.7 ltr. I drive through Lombard twice daily on route 38.
I used to have a 5.7 with SC tuner and thought it was really fast, I'm sure a predator would get that C down the 1/4 mile quick.

The kids at work and me are planing a trip to Rt 66 dragstrip, if the weather holds, they're hoping to beat my SRT, One ran a 13.6 but i think there is a sub 13. in my car thru better driving, We'll see.

When you say your driving thru lombard on Rt 38, You're driving within 500ft of my house. If you ever see a BB SRT 300 with Dub mesh grille, give it a honk, it's def me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm in a bright silver! You can count on a honk if I see you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
when are you going to joliet?
I did get weird looks when i was staging and my stereo was at about 145 db. I work in wheaton so we are all fairly close everyday.
300crocket I think I've driven past your house do you live in the woods of cantigny? I do alot of carpet cleaning out there and your house looks familiar

·
Registered
178 Posts
No i'm actually right off the corner of County Farm Rd. & Jewell Rd. North of the DuPage County complex.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to check with the kids at work, I'll post here or pm You when i find out. I've never been there it should be alot of fun.

I'm surprised i didn't hear one stereo when i was at Da Grove except in the pits.

·
Registered
60 Posts
300crocket I clean your neighbors house. I cant remember his name, but he is a personal chef, just had an addition put on his house last year. You might know the company I work for its K and K cleaning out of wheaton. are you on county farm or on the cul-de-sac just east?

·
Registered
60 Posts
chris,
just let me know. I'll need a few days to clear it with the wife. I have not run at 66 before I hear its great. Only there for a car show 3 years back.

Anyone else local that wants to meet up for a chrysler invasion? Joliet wont know what hit it. I would love to see 10 or so lx cars at a local test and tune. Sorry for going on and on this stuff just gets me excited.

·
Registered
178 Posts
His name is Scaffetti! I'm actually the 3rd. culdesac south and east of his house.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one of those lowly 5.7's in an AWD and I was at Great Lakes this past Thursday. Back in Dec. of 2006 it ran a 14.172 at 98.50 mph. Since then I added a K & N Filter & Air Feeder Tube, K & N calims 22 horse at the rear wheels - I'm no so sure. This time out the best I could do was a 14.279 (very discouraging). The only thing I know that was different this time was; the wind, it was blowing out of the north north-east at about 15-20 mph and I forgot to add an octane booster to the 1/2 tank of gas I was running on (using 87 octane). so, can anyone answer how much difference wind can make? First time out there was no wind, if any at all it was from the south - which helps. Also, would the octane make a difference? I honestly thought I would get into the 13's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts