Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have done a bit of drag racing in my SRT-8 Estate and had fun , but a track day that I would go to in my Cobra is on and the Cob will be in the shop . So was thinking of going in the 300C ? Its a long way to go and it not cheap , and is it just to big a car to have fun on twisty track ? Please let me know what you think if you have done this ? Hope this link to the track works Blyton Park Thanks PAT

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Have done a bit of drag racing in my SRT-8 Estate and had fun , but a track day that I would go to in my Cobra is on and the Cob will be in the shop . So was thinking of going in the 300C ? Its a long way to go and it not cheap , and is it just to big a car to have fun on twisty track ? Please let me know what you think if you have done this ? Hope this link to the track works Blyton Park Thanks PAT
I sure don't think so! Have a look at some of my threads under this section - Road Course.

Just make sure your brake pads are bedded in and in good shape and bring your tire pressures up a bit. The big cars do okay for themselves through the twisty bits . . . :)

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick . Just had a look at your Racing Mods ! I want your car ! As you know if I take a lap-top I can harden up my shifting with the TranZformer . Without you typing all day how hard can I go safely ? Its a long way to have to tow it home . I have uprated pads & discs and a strut-brace and quite sticky road tyres, but the rest is stock for now and not a lot going on between my ears :) Any help thanks PAT

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should I bring the Tires up to ? Thanks PAT

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Thanks Patrick . Just had a look at your Racing Mods ! I want your car ! As you know if I take a lap-top I can harden up my shifting with the TranZformer . Without you typing all day how hard can I go safely ? Its a long way to have to tow it home . I have uprated pads & discs and a strut-brace and quite sticky road tyres, but the rest is stock for now and not a lot going on between my ears :) Any help thanks PAT
First bit of advice - take it easy on the first few laps.

Secondly, bring up your oil temp display and keep it up. If temps get up to 300 F, back her down (that's why I have that honkin' big oil cooler in front of the rad).

Lastly, partially disable the ESP , as it will fight you on the track and de-stabilise the car on corners (I now turn mine totally off - but I've hundreds of laps at my track with this car).

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I push way to hard into a corner in the Cob she just spins ( 70mph backwards sorts the men from the boys & I now know which I am ) Will the SRT-8 do the same or is there a chance she could flip ?? The only way you know who far away the cliff is , is to jump off it a few times ! PAT

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
If I push way to hard into a corner in the Cob she just spins ( 70mph backwards sorts the men from the boys & I now know which I am ) Will the SRT-8 do the same or is there a chance she could flip ?? The only way you know who far away the cliff is , is to jump off it a few times ! PAT
To roll your SRT8, you would first have to take it OVER the cliff - LOL! Roll overs, especially on a road course, with our cars, is highly unlikely. If you enter a corner too fast, the car will understeer (front end pushing out towards the other side of the corner). You have to work hard to actually get a spin.

What I do, if I come too hot into a corner, is to feather the brakes with my left foot while keeping a small amount of power on. This shifts braking to the back, and will help to rotate the back 15% or so to correct the understeer.

Quite frankly, just go out for some laps, warm your tires up and gradually increase your speed coming into corners. Just have fun!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Patrick , I was in two minds whether or not to do it , but after your advice and reading some of your old post . I am now definitely going to do it and will let you know how it goes . So thanks again mate . PAT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts