Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a flashpaq from a forum member/friend he tuned it first day told me see how i liked it i loved it it just at WOT the second gear would hit the rev limiter and the car would rock foward and the gear wouldnt change so we talked tried problem was still there so he said put it back to stock update the software and try did that but it still does it anyone have an idea..the limiter is at 6250 i think

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
i bought a flashpaq from a forum member/friend he tuned it first day told me see how i liked it i loved it it just at WOT the second gear would hit the rev limiter and the car would rock foward and the gear wouldnt change so we talked tried problem was still there so he said put it back to stock update the software and try did that but it still does it anyone have an idea..the limiter is at 6250 i think
A couple quick questions:
  • Did you use any of the transmission settings? If so, which one?
  • Which tune did you choose?
  • What other parameters did you select?
It sounds like you might be using "paddle hold" which requires you to shift manually.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i meant the second gear doesnt get to the limiter it gets to about 5800 and starts rocking and it wont let me use the auto kick and hold and yes i did raise the limiter to the 6250 i believe it is. so im not sure if im able to change the second gears limiter or what but thankyou for what you said so far im still new to this program tuning

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
i meant the second gear doesnt get to the limiter it gets to about 5800 and starts rocking and it wont let me use the auto kick and hold and yes i did raise the limiter to the 6250 i believe it is. so im not sure if im able to change the second gears limiter or what but thankyou for what you said so far im still new to this program tuning
It's been so long since I've used the Flashpaq I can't remember what all the options were. Are you able to set both the rev limit and shift points? If so, have you done both?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just updated my flashpaq yesterday and reprogrammed. I use the sport transmission tune which leaves the limiter at 5800 (I have read concerns with raising the limiter on the 5.7 without installing a better harmonic balancer) and will shift on its own before hitting the limiter. The performance tune will hold the gear and you have to shift on your own.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been so long since I've used the Flashpaq I can't remember what all the options were. Are you able to set both the rev limit and shift points? If so, have you done both?
i think its just the shift points i found that just letting my foot off the gas when i want i to shift and then hitting it again forces it to shift but im not doin that again caus im not sure the damage that could cause...

and i tried the 5800 which is nice but thats the stock shift point and doesnt sound as nice as the higher shift and the high shift feels like it has more of a thrust to it once again thank you guys

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
i think its just the shift points i found that just letting my foot off the gas when i want i to shift and then hitting it again forces it to shift but im not doin that again caus im not sure the damage that could cause...

and i tried the 5800 which is nice but thats the stock shift point and doesnt sound as nice as the higher shift and the high shift feels like it has more of a thrust to it once again thank you guys
I hope someone that still uses the Flashpaq will chime in because I simply can't remember. On the Predator you need to raise the rev limiter above the shift points or you will bump of the rev limiter and go into limp mode. I seem to remember that when I raised the shift point it automatically raises the rev limit to match with my Flashpaq, but I just can't remember.

You might try the paddle hold and do the shifts manually if updating the software doesn't help. You are right in that you will feel a lot more torque when you hit the next gear if you make your shifts at 6200 rather than 5800. You are probably getting 30-40 more ft lbs when you hit the next gear at 4200 rather than 3800.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I hope someone that still uses the Flashpaq will chime in because I simply can't remember. On the Predator you need to raise the rev limiter above the shift points or you will bump of the rev limiter and go into limp mode. I seem to remember that when I raised the shift point it automatically raises the rev limit to match with my Flashpaq, but I just can't remember.

You might try the paddle hold and do the shifts manually if updating the software doesn't help. You are right in that you will feel a lot more torque when you hit the next gear if you make your shifts at 6200 rather than 5800. You are probably getting 30-40 more ft lbs when you hit the next gear at 4200 rather than 3800.

With the flashpaq you can select "stock" WOT shift point (5800) or "raised" WOT shift point (6250). Then when you go into the custom transmission settings you can select either "Paddle shift with auto kick" or "paddle shift with gear hold" If you select the "auto kick", then even in autostick the transmission will upshift automatically at the RPM you specified. If you select "gear hold" then the transmission will not upshift automatically in autostick mode, even when you reach the max RPM. I suspect the poster has his set to "gear hold".

Also, as posted earlier in this thread, I would be very cautious about using the raised shift points on a 5.7 with a stock Harmonic Balancer. They are not rated to rev that high. Most likely it would never be an issue if only done occasionally but why take that chance?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
With the flashpaq you can select "stock" WOT shift point (5800) or "raised" WOT shift point (6250). Then when you go into the custom transmission settings you can select either "Paddle shift with auto kick" or "paddle shift with gear hold" If you select the "auto kick", then even in autostick the transmission will upshift automatically at the RPM you specified. If you select "gear hold" then the transmission will not upshift automatically in autostick mode, even when you reach the max RPM. I suspect the poster has his set to "gear hold".

Also, as posted earlier in this thread, I would be very cautious about using the raised shift points on a 5.7 with a stock Harmonic Balancer. They are not rated to rev that high. Most likely it would never be an issue if only done occasionally but why take that chance?
Thanks for the refresher. My memory needs all the help it can get. Good info for Thirsty4907. I used the raised shift points on my stock harmonic balancer for about a year with no ill effects however your caution in that regard is prudent.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the 6250 shifts are nice but figured it wasnt right for the car so ill change it back thankyou guys for your advice

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yup, it's the paddle hold setting. If you like to slide around it''s the greatest but beware it will let you crush the rev limiter.:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts