Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my tuner and started the tuning immediately, although I had my doubts, but it is working perfectly without any updates...and oh my God, I have a different beast with lots of power and lots of fishtailing with little throttle..so be careful guys.:naughty:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Good News

maherm said:
I received my tuner and started the tuning immediately, although I had my doubts, but it is working perfectly without any updates...and oh my God, I have a different beast with lots of power and lots of fishtailing with little throttle..so be careful guys.:naughty:
Glad to hear our first success story, congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
maherm said:
I am not sure how these things work (specifically), but did you have to choose any particular settings to get it to this point, or is this result due to a 'baseline' program?

Thanks!

Feedback like your and hopefully others will help those of us 'on the fence' greatly!!

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
maherm said:
which state of tune did you select? and i inderstand there are different options for the transmission.....which transmission tune are you using?

·
Registered
9 Posts
maherm- did you still have to hook it up to your computer with the USB cable and register it online at flashpaq.com OR did it work right straight out of the box?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK guys, I started the tuning without even looking at the manual.right out of the box without any updates.just followed what the screen asked me to do, and if for instance I forget to make a choice, it will remind me to do it. I chose the custom setting with the 91 octane tune and less torgue option and the paddle shift.
And Guys did I say that have yanked my JETCHIP2 just before the tuning began, and holy s--t, the chip will be a desk weight from now on.
It is a freakingly fast strong muscular car now, and the manual shifting on the EVIC has 1,2,3,4,5,D now...I like how it can break loose and RPM hitting 6200+ before shifting,no bogging or throttle cutting between shifts, and I can hold gears for any RPM with Manual shifting...when you are on MANUAL and make a stop or slow down, the gear will automatcally go to lower gear.
Hope I have answered some of your questions....and by the way, I paid around 150 US Dollars for UPS Internatial Express Shipping..and it is worth every penny.
Peace:)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
maherm said:
OK guys, I started the tuning without even looking at the manual.right out of the box without any updates.just followed what the screen asked me to do, and if for instance I forget to make a choice, it will remind me to do it. I chose the custom setting with the 91 octane tune and less torgue option and the paddle shift.
And Guys did I say that have yanked my JETCHIP2 just before the tuning began, and holy s--t, the chip will be a desk weight from now on.
It is a freakingly fast strong muscular car now, and the manual shifting on the EVIC has 1,2,3,4,5,D now...I like how it can break loose and RPM hitting 6200+ before shifting,no bogging or throttle cutting between shifts, and I can hold gears for any RPM with Manual shifting...when you are on MANUAL and make a stop or slow down, the gear will automatcally go to lower gear.
Hope I have answered some of your questions....and by the way, I paid around 150 US Dollars for UPS Internatial Express Shipping..and it is worth every penny.
Peace:)
WOW, I think your enjoyment is gonna make my purchase one very soon.
And di I hear your right, you said there is now a 5th gear in the Manual Auto Stick mode?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NautcaSprt6 said:
WOW, I think your enjoyment is gonna make my purchase one very soon.
And di I hear your right, you said there is now a 5th gear in the Manual Auto Stick mode?
True, Before it was 1,2,3,4,D..Now 1,2,3,4,5,D...Ahh and before I forget..The Borlas and the Volant sound totally different now, especially when changing gears without that dreadful throttle cut, It's, It's, It's AWSOME...I can't believe the enormous difference between the FLASHPAQ and the JETCHIP.
Peace

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
JimTurner said:
Now, THIS is the kind of success story that we have all been waiting for! Where's that Dad-gummed UPS driver???????????????????????????????
NautcaSprt6 said:
WOW, I think your enjoyment is gonna make my .
Good night every body, it is over mid-night here:24: :24:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well good night, but now that I think of it, if I want this Superchip, im gonna have to pay about $500.
Im so mad at myself for not jumping on the introductory price :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well good night, but now that I think of it, if I want this Superchip, im gonna have to pay about $500.
Im so mad at myself for not jumping on the introductory price :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
I think a vendor at chargerforums is selling them for the same low price, check it out, I am not so sure about it...good luck
btw, I bought mine from our great vendor TBYRNE..Thanks Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me if changing the settings with the FLASHPAQ will void your warranty?

What if you take your car in for service and they notice this?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What warranty?

methemac said:
Can anyone tell me if changing the settings with the FLASHPAQ will void your warranty?

What if you take your car in for service and they notice this?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Yes I would say so.
It's stressed that you return your tune to "stock" (takes about 10 min.) before you have any service work done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back from someone with an '06 300c that was getting the E-6D update code and downloaded the possible update today to see if it worked. I could go try it at my buddies, but it would be a 40 mile round trip wasted if it don't work. Generally don't go there until the weekends. I would go there tonight though if it now works.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's close

300csteve said:
I'm waiting to hear back from someone with an '06 300c that was getting the E-6D update code and downloaded the possible update today to see if it worked. I could go try it at my buddies, but it would be a 40 mile round trip wasted if it don't work. Generally don't go there until the weekends. I would go there tonight though if it now works.
Steve, thats the same as mine. They are currantly working on it, should be fixed by Wed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
crhemi said:
Steve, thats the same as mine. They are currantly working on it, should be fixed by Wed.
Thanks much. I will wait till Wed. before asking again. We must have the same car basically if we're getting the same update code.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts